Wizz Air €35 check in fee

Options
BDDazza
BDDazza Posts: 42 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 14 July 2018 at 5:19PM in Flights, currency & car hire
Hi

I recently made journey from Croatia to Luton.

I arrived at airport a few hours early expecting to check in at the check in desk, but was refused and ordered to pay a 35 euro fee to receive my boarding pass.

They said during the online order process I clicked the button saying 'Check in online' which excludes me from check in at the airport.

Now I don't remember any such button or option, it could have been disguised somewhere.

I have reviewed all the emails from Wizz Air up to the lead up of the holiday and they did sent numerous emails about options to upgrade my luggage for check in, but never mentioned a fee if I didn't check in online.

How lawful is this, and can it be challenged. Is there any guidance about getting a refund.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do a dummy booking and see if the button appears. Please let us know.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they'll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Most no-frills airlines expect passengers to check in on-line, and charge a fee of that amount (or more) to those who insist on airport check-in. I think the talk of an "online order process" is a red herring.

Legal? As suggested above, do a dummy booking and carefully note all the instructions and conditions. If there is anything there to make you believe that you can check-in without charge at the airport then you might have a case, but I doubt it. (I recently used this airline, and after reading on-line reviews I was very careful to complete on-line check in and to print my boarding pass for both outbound and return journeys. I had no issues: if anything the Wizz Air experience was rather better than I had expected._
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure