PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• Better_Days
    Better_Days Posts: 2,742 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If the stairs were impenetrable, how did someone get a photo from upstairs looking down? ;)

Yes I wondered that too phoebe1989seb :D
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • tigsly
    tigsly Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm asuming the photos were taken after the big pile of stuff was put outside?!

and yes it always amazes me someone could spend that much without looking...
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I saw this and I doubt very much that the new owners are going to be out of pocket. It won't cost much to have got a team in to clear the rubbish out & deep clean. Well, ok, it might cost a bit, but not in comparison with £450k already spent and if they couldn't get into the house, I wouldn't expect any other bidder would have either, which would have reduced the competition and price.

The house next door appears to have been split into 4 flats and everything that has sold recently on the road is also flats. My guess is that they intend to convert this house into flats too. One of the neighbours (56a - 1 bed) sold for £228k last year which would give them around another £450k to clean, convert and sell the house again. Even I could turn a profit with that! Or they may choose to convert & rent as they apparently own 10 other properties. A 1 bed on Fonthill Road is available for £250pw.

Plus they claim they were refused entry by the previous owners. You can see what appears to be junk piled up against the front window on Streetview and a peer through the letterbox would let you see the stairs (and sample the "atmosphere") so it can't have been that much of a surprise to them.

I think what we have here is some people seeking their 15 minutes.

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • fionajbanana
    fionajbanana Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38745799.html

Spot the cat (I think) pic 2

Awful, headache inducing decor pic 4

Serious cleaning of the grouting required pic 6
  • Own_My_Own
    Own_My_Own Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38745799.html

Spot the cat (I think) pic 2

Awful, headache inducing decor pic 4

Serious cleaning of the grouting required pic 6

What's picture 7 all about :rotfl:

And the cork board trying to hide the water pipes in picture 3.
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mmmmm.......nice little bungalow for £60k in the ever-popular Jaywick -

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39566134.html?premiumA=true

Great kitchen pic (4) Nice skull print (pic 2) Loving the *lifestyle* pics of the garden (7&8) :rotfl:

Streetview's good too ;)
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • phoebe1989seb
    phoebe1989seb Posts: 4,452 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This one's just round the corner from us -

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36025354.html

Considering I'm not a fan of modern interiors applied to older buildings, I actually quite like this mix of old & new......I can even tolerate the bare stone internal walls (that I normally hate ;)) and have taken quite a shine (lol!) to the gilded wall (pic 3).......oh yes and *spot the (rather large) dog* :D
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36025354.html

Considering I'm not a fan of modern interiors applied to older buildings, I actually quite like this mix of old & new......I can even tolerate the bare stone internal walls (that I normally hate ;)) and have taken quite a shine (lol!) to the gilded wall (pic 3).......oh yes and *spot the (rather large) dog* :D

Lovely house :T. The problem with a chapel conversion is that often there is no garden. This one does (I assume, from pic 9) and where does the terrace/balcony on pic 1 fit in? No mention in rightmove or particulars, I'd expect better info for that price.

OP - please view and report back :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • olias
    olias Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36025354.html

Blimey, is there a storm in the pool? (pic 8)

Olias
  • Smith_007
    Smith_007 Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Mmmmm.......nice little bungalow for £60k in the ever-popular Jaywick -

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39566134.html?premiumA=true

Great kitchen pic (4) Nice skull print (pic 2) Loving the *lifestyle* pics of the garden (7&8) :rotfl:

Streetview's good too ;)

:D
    On streetview, a bit further up 'Morris Avenue'
    * Confederate flag check
    * Car in garden on bricks check
    * CB aerial check

Although to be fair, where else in the country can you buy your own bungalow by the sea, 2 mins from a superb beach for less than £100,000.

True, many of the bungalows are built raised high on 'stilts' of concrete breeze blocks due to the flood risk. But don’t let that put you off. :)

(Google the 1953 North Sea flood. 37 people died in Jaywick)
    Back off man, I'm a scientist. ;)

Daily Mail readers?
    :naughty:
    Can you make sense of the Daily Mail’s effort to classify every inanimate object into those that cause cancer and those that prevent it ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure