Calling time on PIP

Options

Comments

• bspm
    bspm Posts: 541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have decided to do a MR for the PIP claim. What the DWP do with the AA claim is up to them. I don't particularly care.
    I have NOT told any lies. I find it extremely difficult explaining everything in detail so I just give bits out. Repeat - I HAVE NEVER OWNED A MOBILITY SCOOTER!! I was THINKING about one but that was it.
    I don't have to convince anyone not even the DWP - that is their choice as to whether they believe me or not.
    And there is no law in this land that says what I do with the money. I could simply burn it, buy illegal drugs with it or even bet on the horses with it. I choose to give it to my children. If you have a problem with that pity you!

Err to qualify for any benefit you do.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    tomtom256 wrote: »
    And that sums it up, the typical I know that I am entitled to it.

Entitled, not eligible, but entitled, shall I get you the moon on a stick as well!

So I presume that even though I see that I am entitled to enough points it's still not enough to be entitled?
    Do you normally reply to posts in that manner?
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    bspm wrote: »
    Err to qualify for any benefit you do.

I don't see it that way. Anybody can write anything on the claim form whether it is true or not. So the PIP2 cannot be the end product that would give rise to entitlement.

Independent evidence will or should.

Take a ridiculous situation where someone has a terminal diagnosis within 6 months and submits a PIP 2 + the certificate from the GP.
    On the PIP2 the claimant says that they have no problems whatsoever either with care needs or mobility. Yet the certificate says that the claimant is likely to be dead within 6 months.
    The claimant doesn't need to convince the DWP that they are entitled to PIP, the certificate itself does that for them.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    Christ he has dementia NOW what ever next a lost limb:rotfl:no not that as he would not be able to lift his Motability scooter onto the back seat of his prestige car.:rotfl::rotfl:
    What a disgusting attitude to take. Yes I do have a diagnosis of Dementia and it is being medicated. I have a 4 page report based on tests that took 2 days to complete.
    There are some people that see it funny that others are ill and disabled.
  • Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    I'm afraid your posting history opens you up to ridicule. Perhaps give it a rest for a while and take stock. Noting constructive is going to come from carrying on this ridiculous saga.

Tom
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What a disgusting attitude to take. Yes I do have a diagnosis of Dementia and it is being medicated. I have a 4 page report based on tests that took 2 days to complete.
    There are some people that see it funny that others are ill and disabled.

It's a horrible disease to have and I really feel for those that GENUINELY suffer from it and have my admiration on how they cope with it.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    Without quoting chapter and verse. I have one report dated 2014 when tested for Dementia that clearly states that I have great difficulties in coping and understanding new information, and sequencing as well as showing a noticeable loss of functional & analytical skills.. I have memory loss which is confirmed with a diagnosis of Dementia caused either by vascular problems (most likely) or alcoholism (unlikely) which is being treated.
    I am not going to improve. Yet the assessor dismissed all of that evidence.

Any chance of you forgetting your forum login details? ;)
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    Tommo1980 wrote: »
    I'm afraid your posting history opens you up to ridicule. Perhaps give it a rest for a while and take stock. Noting constructive is going to come from carrying on this ridiculous saga.

Tom

Saga it may be, but it's my life that we are talking about. What makes me any different to others that are seeking help and advice?
    I would wonder that if you were in my position would you not be looking for help?
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    It's a horrible disease to have and I really feel for those that GENUINELY suffer from it and have my admiration on how they cope with it.

So if I was able to physically stuff the report and it's findings in your face you would have more sympathy?
    Shame that it has come to this that posters are disbelieved when they post on sites like this one.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    Any chance of you forgetting your forum login details? ;)
    Is there a need for a comment like that coming from someone who has only just 'appeared' on this forum?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure