Are gaming chairs that comfortable?

Options
longwalks1
longwalks1 Posts: 3,737 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
edited 2 August 2019 at 4:48PM in Gaming MoneySaving
i was originally after a decent, ergonomic office chair for home, then it dawned on me that gamers spend hours per day seated, so, are gaming chairs that great?

I know they look great, like they've been lifted straight from a Subaru rally car, but how do you find them after several hours use?

I dont want to buy one and end up slouching in it, so thought I'd ask you guys (and girls) first

Comments

• jameskotler
    Options
    They are pretty comfortable. I have Secretlab Omega and it's pretty great. I used to use normal chair but It was really uncomfortable.
  • talzub
    Options
    Go for it. You would feel as if your sitting in a custom build sports car where you'd feel cushioned on the chair. Perfectly shaped for your hips and back.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They're usually adjustable, but I certainly tend to slouch a bit more in mine that I would have on previous office chairs - that's by design though as I'm usually using a wheel and pedals. When I'm not doing that it's very good for just sitting at the desk.
  • Nilrem
    Nilrem Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It does depend a bit on which chair you go for, but a lot of them are basically office chairs with extras :)

Depending on what you are looking at you can get several levels of adjustable, the one I'm using at the moment (Noblechairs Epic) has standard height adjustment, tilt, adjustable back, arms that can be adjusted in/out up/down, forward/back and angle, it also has a high back with neck/head support and comes with a couple of cushions one for the back of your neck (it has a strap so you can adjust it's height) and another that's great for lower back :)
  • dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Majority of the time they are a total gimmick. You are best off just getting a decent office chair.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    britishboy wrote: »
    i was originally after a decent, ergonomic office chair for home, then it dawned on me that gamers spend hours per day seated, so, are gaming chairs that great?

So do office workers !! A good office chair will almost certainly be cheaper than a comparable 'gaming' chair
  • Do5BaG
    Options
    They are just an overpriced Gimmick, like most things people slap the word Gaming in front of! You'd be better just going for a good quality ergonomically approved desk/office chair, and it'd probably be cheaper.

Good video by JayzTwoCents on YouTube where he goes into this called 'PC Gimmicks vs Features'
  • josstall
    Options
    You should get one. But whats your budget? Most of them are high priced and you'll be shocked looking at the price tags. But yes they are very comfy where your body and back sits perfectly on the couch of the seat.
  • jonnygee2
    jonnygee2 Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the point of gaming chairs is that they look cool on your twitch stream.

In terms of ergonomics they are similar to a good office chair.
  • mariana1990
    Options
    I think you should get one. They are a bit expensive but completely worthy cause they are comfortable and -in my humble opinion- way much better for your back.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback