PIP review form and delaying it

Options
Hello all. I have received my PIP review form today. I expected it to come sooner or later, but still, I'm a little worried about it.

I was wondering if I could ask them to delay it until January?
I was give a three year award which ends November 2019, next year.

Every year the end of the year is really hard for me, I get extremely depressed and find it very hard to cope with everything and I sink quite low. The forms are due in on Dec 8th and the thought of having Christmas and a possible face to face assessment days before the Christmas break, I just don't feel I can cope with.

Does anyone know if they ever postpone it, but it would still be before the three year award has ended?

Thanks.

Comments

• ev8
    ev8 Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forgot to add, that I was awarded the higher level on both accounts and not really anything has changed, I just have a new name for the problems I did have.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 November 2018 at 7:10PM
    Options
    They will usually give you a two week extension to the normal four weeks. I consider it very unlikely you will be able to delay it beyond that.

If you are returning the forms in late November/early January it is very unlikely that you would have a face to face until January or February (or later).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,969 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wouldn't advise that course of action. It could result in your claim ending.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/fill-in-form/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/help-with-your-pip-review-form/
    "You must send the form back by the date given on the front page - if you don’t, your PIP might stop."
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • ev8
    Options
    I may have to ask for the two weeks extension then.

I have no idea what I'm doing with this form, there are absolutely no resources I can see that help with the form.
    I don't know if you are supposed to put not much at all if there's no change, or say no change and then explain exactly what you did in the first PIP forms.

There is very little space to write anything in at all.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,043 Forumite
    Options
    ev8 wrote: »

I have no idea what I'm doing with this form, there are absolutely no resources I can see that help with the form.
    I don't know if you are supposed to put not much at all if there's no change, or say no change and then explain exactly what you did in the first PIP forms.

You need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. If there's no change, state this but don't just leave the rest blank. If you need more space then use separate paper.

Don't forget to send evidence to support your claim and expect another face to face assessment as most have them. Good luck.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Don't just write no change. Write a little about how your condition effects you. Assume the person assessing won't look at your previous form. Use separate sheets of paper if necessary.
  • ev8
    Options
    Honestly, there's no room at all on the form, everything will have to be on additional papers because there's really no room for any explanation at all.

Can I use a copy of my medical for my first award of PIP? The summery said that my prognosis was unlikely to change or improve and it hasn't if anything certain things are worse.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes use the old medical as evidence and send any other up to date evidencebyou have. If worse say so, that's what the spaces are for.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,043 Forumite
    Options
    Honestly, there's no room at all on the form, everything will have to be on additional papers because there's really no room for any explanation at all.
    There's 3 lines for each question, so 6 lines in total for each descriptor. I have a PIP review form here for my daughter. There's also space on the back to add any extra information. It's very little space, i agree and extra paper should be used, if needed.

For those who are expecting a PIP review, the forms have changed since the last time i had a PIP review 2 years ago. The tick boxes no longer exist.
  • ev8
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    There's 3 lines for each question, so 6 lines in total for each descriptor. I have a PIP review form here for my daughter. There's also space on the back to add any extra information. It's very little space, i agree and extra paper should be used, if needed.

For those who are expecting a PIP review, the forms have changed since the last time i had a PIP review 2 years ago. The tick boxes no longer exist.

That's the trouble, there's so little about them online because they've changed them.

The boxes are also very close together, so there's no room around the question to write anything. It lends itself to not writing anything and just saying 'no change' but I felt that it might be a bit of a trap or misleading, if you get what I'm saying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure