NST April 2018: April Fool's Challenge

Options

Comments

• sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Aim for at least 15 NSDs. Usual exceptions apply, you won't lose a NSD for ys items, petrol or medical expenses. Still 3/15 NSDs

Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. Added up March's expenses - horrifying is the word :eek:

Report in every day. The daily support from this thread will keep you on track Here again..5/4

Interests - is there any hobbies that you'd like to take up or perhaps an old hobby that you'd like to start again. This is the month to do it, let us know what you plan to do Have 2 so far - collecting hobby I have & someone got in touch to buy something connected to it - 4 years ago!! She got back in touch 2 weeks ago, have emailed her today & will attempt to find the item she wants...it's win-win as it will be money for savings too. Also, have Fairisle cushion to finish, usually do mindless knitting in front of TV, this doesn't come under that so never gets done. Finally retrieved fairisle cushion from back of chair where it was stuffed; realise to my shame haven't touched it in 18 months..despite that managed to find my place in the pattern & actually do a couple of rows. Bless highlighter tape!!

Love yourself, do something to make yourself feel fab - wear a bright scarf, get your eyebrows done, have a bath, put on your fave perfume. Just the perfume today, am working through vast stash of toiletries/makeup/perfume etc etc etc.

Find time to get outside. Lighter nights are now here so get out in the garden, go for a walk. Fresh air is good for everyone. Lovely day here in West Yorkshire & was able to get outside this afternoon & finish weeding & putting compost on one border. Not a glamorous job in the slightest but I read that spreading a thick layer of compost on the borders is the best thing you can do for your garden, so I believe it. And it will get rid of one of the compost mountains we have......so can make another one, laughs evilly

Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. It's up to you how you do this - overtime at work, saving money on the food bill, selling items. Will deffo try, will be in the form of selling collectibles or ebaying. WIP.

Organise your month. Check your cupboards, make a meal plan and stick to your food budget. Plan any social events and budget for them, ideally come up with free alternatives. Will do, need to reduce freezer stocks. Small shop in Mbobs by DH, does not go off list so very safe to send shopping. Supper from stores, pasta leeks meatballs rosemary & garlic bread, I had a HM dessert & DH an ice cream Mars....

Lose one bad habit. Mine's is a food related one but it can be anything you like. No snacking between meals. No snacking today.

Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes. Grateful for: DH going to post box for me, also cancelling hair appt for me for tomorrow (complimentary but would be done by a junior who I would have to tip), first camellia flowers, nutty animals racing round, feeling much better, migraine meds.
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

SFD number 4 yesterday. The weather was lovely and everybody but me was sunbathing. I read my book in the shade and occasionally went for a walk to make sure I got to 11000 by the end of the day.

Yesterday I was grateful for the sunshine, my sun cream induced rash starting to ease, a good book, lovely food, getting an update on the boys in the kennels and getting lots of fresh air.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yesterday was a lovely day, got out with the kids and also cycled later in the afternoon. Spent £2.50 on a vintage blouse for me, plus chips for lunch but that was it.

I did have a nasty shock when checking the bank yesterday, my energy DD has gone up from £56 to £94 with no communication from them. We used to pay £79 and we were always in credit and used to claim it back once a year and without any warning they changed it to £56 which just wasn't enough and after the winter we've had we now owe them. I rang them and they said they had written, I will be changing energy suppliers at the end of the month as I'm tied in until 31 May.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Quick update: Wed, Thursday and today have all been spend days.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fmess - your holiday sounds really relaxing.

Indigowarrior - hope you are able to make plans for the next few weeks.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning Turtles

Just checking in.

A- today is NSD #4/15.
    P- budgets still the same. I still have the grand sum of £100 to live off. :rotfl:
    R-Hello :)
    I- nothing today, although I have high hopes for the weekend :)
    L- today, loving myself means phoning the doctor back and asking he checks me over as I am convinced something is not right with my back and I am not sure if I can wait 8 weeks for a scan to see the issue. I am in so much pain. He has agreed to see me at 11 :o

F- in work today except for my appointment but I intend to get out and about a lot this weekend :)
    O- struggling with my over paying as I have no little spare but still trying to s t r e t c h my cash!
    O-organise- phoning the bank at some point and setting up my insurance. if I have time!!
    L-staying off my phone still, or certainly cutting it down. hurray,
    S- grateful for - my son reading "that's not my dragon" this morning. The doctor agreeing to check me over, work and hub being supportive and encouraging me to get seen & a phone call from my Dad
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I introduced my children to Cary Grant in Walk Don't Run on DVD. It was so nice to see them laughing and enjoying it.
    Next weekend it'll be Operation Petticoat. Anything is better than the endless YouTube drivel they choose.

I did the same with mine and Harvey the invisible rabbit. It seems he has moved into my house now:rotfl:
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aim for at least 15 NSDs. 2/15 slow starter :)
    Pay to your debt or savings first and live off the rest. - Not a big reduction this month - forecast with a few days away
    Report in every day. - away 4 days next week. Sunny Scotland
    Interests - reading and some sewing planned.
    Love yourself - long baths, exercise to start - been lazy last few days.
    Find time to get outside. - gardening and walks weather improving.
    Overpay - aim to pay 20% extra to your debt or savings. -Will try when I return next week to reduce my cc.
    Organise your month. - Only Scotland trip planned so after that saving.
    Lose one bad habit. - Facebook scrolling
    Sign off your daily post with a list of gratitudes.
    Today I am grateful for:
    Surveys even though detest doing some of them, helping me along with my finances a bit.
    Asking new man in office his age, he's 60 today, lives alone and his friend cancelled on his night out. Only started working here a few days so popped out and got a card and wine for him. Sometimes realise how many lonely people there are.
    Weekend to myself to get ready for a few days away, pamper weekend needed.

Budgets:
    Food £9.93/100
    Social £300
    Clothing £50
    Petrol £40

Have a lovely weekend folks will catch up with your tales then.:)
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wasn't able to check in last night, was working late and I just didn't have time. No spends yesterday but I spent today. Bought chips at lunch time, bought a few bits online (rabbit wormer, a new wireless mouse) and did a charitable donation. Am also going swimming after work so will have to pay for that.

No plans this weekend other than studying and horse riding so should have a spend free weekend. Bit worried that it's only the 6th and I've already spent half my food budget for the month :eek: had a delivery this morning so we're set for the next week, but this has been my long term nemesis and I just can't seem to conquer it! :rotfl: I'm vegetarian, OH isn't, but I try to use the slow cooker loads as well, yet somehow it just seems to get out of hand more often than not...

Today I'm grateful for outdoor swimming and a little mindfulness practice at work.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,796 as of 04/24
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had quite a lot of plans this morning but the boy asked me to hand some paperwork for his mortgage in to the bank. Oh well. at least it was a walk. Whilst I was out bought a steak pie from local butcher (delicious) for dinner on Sunday. Could really have made something from freezer but I really want a quiet, easy day before we go away. Since we were out Himself treated me to lunch in the local pub so I won't need anything else to eat today (including snacks!). It was a really pleasant afternoon.
    Confession. I keep saying I have hardly any clothes including shoes. Have been looking for a smart, comfortable pair to take on holiday. I've actually have lots (most of which have been hardly worn). and some really pretty tops that I haven't worn for ages. I really have been such a slob!! Got to stop.
    So tomorrow the plan is to pack, tidy and make sure everything is in order before we leave.
    Have a good weekend.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure