P.I.P. timescales...

Options

Comments

• delilahcaz
    Options
    I applied on the 19th June, had assessment on the 6th of August and 15 weeks on (8 weeks since assessment) have heard nothing. I know some people have been waiting over 19 weeks so im not holding my breath. I was put in the support group for ESA and included the ATOS report for that as part of my evidence for my claim as well as reports from my Consultants. I had expected the assessment to be just as gruelling for PIP but it was fairly relaxed and more like a chat to see how my disabilities affect my daily life. (Assessment was done at a different centre and i was told it was ATOS but when i got there it was the NHS (Midlothian area of Scotland).
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Options
    delilahcaz wrote: »
    I applied on the 19th June, had assessment on the 6th of August and 15 weeks on (8 weeks since assessment) have heard nothing. I know some people have been waiting over 19 weeks so im not holding my breath. I was put in the support group for ESA and included the ATOS report for that as part of my evidence for my claim as well as reports from my Consultants. I had expected the assessment to be just as gruelling for PIP but it was fairly relaxed and more like a chat to see how my disabilities affect my daily life. (Assessment was done at a different centre and i was told it was ATOS but when i got there it was the NHS (Midlothian area of Scotland).

I told the assessor i claimed ESA, he had absolutely no idea what ESA is. Mine is Midlothian as well, he told me 5 weeks till i get the result, they have 2 more weeks left its only been 3 weeks since i had assessment.
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • delilahcaz
    Options
    They told me 4-5 weeks to get the results but still no news as yet and im now 8 and a half weeks since assessment. Im thinking about phoning but dont really see point as the DWP are blaming ATOS for the hold ups and telling people to phone them only to be told by ATOS that they sent their report to the DWP weeks ago.
    Ive heard the DWP are supposed to have a 10 week timescale from start of claim to decision but ive not read or heard of anyone being told before 15 weeks unless they are terminally ill.
  • delilahcaz
    Options
    I changed my mind and phoned the DWP for an update. They havent received the report back from ATOS yet but they could give me their phone number to phone ATOS. Whats the point in phoning them when they are going to tell me the report has been sent. So anyone looking for a quick decision is not going to get one. I asked the woman at the DWP if its normal to take this long to get the report and she said its happening all the time.
    Its ridiculous!!!!!!!
  • wkdboi
    wkdboi Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    While as you know from my earlier post on here, my first Apt with Atos was cancelled due to low staff, so I had another apt which is actually Monday, Low and Behold I revived a telephone call today, your apt is being rescheduled and we will send you a letter with a new apt date.

Last time they said that took another month to get 2nd apt, So I guess/hope third time lucky and hopefully I'll get an apt before xmas

Anyway i'm in the SW and I know they have backlogs so not going to hold my breath on this :)
  • cazz2013
    cazz2013 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    I applied for PIP middle of July - was sent a reminder letter after the form had been returned - had an ATOS assessment last week - they said it will take another 4/5 weeks to get a decision. Overall, it has been 12 weeks since the initial phone call and seems a long way before it will be over. Has anybody heard of any-one (other than special cases) actually awarded this benefit - or is the paperwork just piling up in DWP offices???

For reference I am located in Southern England
  • Widelats
    Options
    cazz2013 wrote: »
    I applied for PIP middle of July - was sent a reminder letter after the form had been returned - had an ATOS assessment last week - they said it will take another 4/5 weeks to get a decision. Overall, it has been 12 weeks since the initial phone call and seems a long way before it will be over. Has anybody heard of any-one (other than special cases) actually awarded this benefit - or is the paperwork just piling up in DWP offices???

For reference I am located in Southern England

I don't know of anyone who has got a decision yet.
  • delilahcaz
    Options
    I have heard of one at 15 weeks and 1 at 19 weeks but i dont know what part of the UK they were in. They were not terminally ill cases though.
  • Widelats
    Options
    Will be 5 weeks since attended assessment on Tuesday coming, which is the deadline according to ATOS assessor. I do not think i will bother phoning the jobcentre or benefits office i think i will leave them to it and happens when it happens.
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Widelats wrote: »
    Will be 5 weeks since attended assessment on Tuesday coming, which is the deadline according to ATOS assessor. I do not think i will bother phoning the jobcentre or benefits office i think i will leave them to it and happens when it happens.

It is exactly 100 days today since I had my ATOS medical assessment, I still haven't had a decision, so I think you're going to be waiting a while longer yet !
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure