taking responsibilty to get me where I want to be

Options

Comments

• efes_shareholder
    Options
    Today has started SPENDY

I've booked Easyjet flights for next summer - In my experience the release date fares are always the cheapest so technically its a "Saving"

£160 per person - I already have £100 but they are on my emergency C/card so will need to be paid early nov to not incur interest - they will be

Usually confirming plans like this lifts my mood but today isn't the case , I am not sure if I am coming down with something or whether I am just miserable , I am really trying to turn the frown upside down but not having much luck

Also took my penny jar to the machine in the supermarket last night and walked away £35.00 better off. I will make sure this goes off a bill , I didn't cash in because I needed the cash but because there was no more room in the jar for anymore coins

My good turn of today is giving a work mate a lift home tomorrow after work , her car is suffering a big repair. I am kind of heading in the direction tomorrow which is a good 7 miles from my house but if I take a slightly different route I will go past her house.
    Helping out others does give me some satisfaction so I will bank that one
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    And I just took a call from someone at ITV - Oh my god !
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    And I just took a call from someone at ITV - Oh my god !

Let us know what show, c'mon which one??? :j:j:j
    Is it The Chase? That's one of the wee mams' favourites :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How exciting!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    The show is called cash trapped - I didn't manage to speak to them yesterday as my journey home was delayed due to a gas link on the street next my work place - this meant the entire industrial estate and surrounding neighbourhood had to leave via the same route. Hopefully I will catch up with them today at some point, I suspect I won't be able to proceed with an application as its a rolling filming so you need to be available for a set amount of time and I don't have much annual leave at all

My personal satisfaction of potentially being in credit at the end of the month has taken a dent - I came home last night to a PCN for driving along a road only which was half way down turned to "buses and cycles only"
    I'm annoyed - I am not overly familar with the area but have been in the area a bit lately , at one point the road was used as part od a diversion due to a road closure and not being local I didnt know this wasnt usual.
    There is a sign but it is half way down the street at which point you can't really turn round - IT IS THERE but the give way sign over a hump bridge was much more prominant and to blunt the only one I saw

Quick google and it appears this road is a piggy bank for the council it falls under and there are many with similar circumstances to mine

I'm contemplating an appeal but I am inclined to pay the £65 charge as it doubles if you are unsuccessful - My gripe is as you turn in to the road there is nothing on the signage which suggests restricted access

However I drove through it , there are photos and there are videos of little old me , not causing an obstruction or accident and quietly going about my business on a saturday evening.................undecided how to proceed but i will prob just pay it next week on payday ( the temptation is to use the 0% card , trying hard to resist ! )

Having taken several different routes over a couple of weeks to this area - I just hope and pray that i have only been down the road once or should I say PAPPED once

I wouldn't have even known about the blooming road if it wasn't on the diversion route and i'm not familar with the area

OH WELL , one potentially very expensive lesson learnt
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Let us know what show, c'mon which one??? :j:j:j
    Is it The Chase? That's one of the wee mams' favourites :D

I love the chase but I wouldn't apply as its very rare that people are successful in walking away with anything
  • ftbwannabe
    Options
    Just a quick wave hello, wow what a busy time you've had. Sorry to hear about your mum's situation but am glad for her that you're around to care & try to help.
    Must be nice to know you have flights booked for next year, I love having something like that to look forward to!
    Let us know if ITV get hold of you!
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • pidge04
    Options
    Oh no, that is so annoying about the PCN. Sorry.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Good morning and happy monday

A relatively inexpensive weekend - I am getting the hang of those !
    Saturday I blitzed the housework and did the weekly shop and spent the rest of the day asleep !
    Yesterday I went to see a film at the lie back cinema with the middle sprog who was at a lose end and wanted to do something

I have not felt well , I appear to have locked a nerve in and it has played havoc with my right hand side - Lots of warm baths and manipulation
    Off course I used doctor google and scared myself that I have something sinister , I am getting dead arm sensations and lots of tingling and today it appears to be getting better but I on standby to get it looked in too if it doesn't improve

No more PCN's through the door so I am hoping there was only one misdemounar.

My son returned the money which I leant him to help him out so as I haven't missed it this month , I have put it in to my savings pot as its only 3 more paydays until Christmas

I will make this month just about still in credit which is great considering I had a week away at the start of the month

Payday is Friday and the first thing I have to do is clear the credit card for the remaining balance of the car part ( seems so long ago now )
    I also want to zap as much of the BNPL of the Very account as this has to be paid by December - i'm unsure whether to set the money aside and hit the lot before it runs out or to just throw the money at it and hope I get to the end of October without missing it

My mum is still brushing past her situation and insisting she is just a bit short - She is entitled to her privacy etc but I have made myself approachable and I wish she would lay the cards on the table so I can offer some constructive solutions
    She had said she was going to cut back on the smoking but there is little evidence of this - In fact it appears she is binge smoking and trying to hide her failures
    We had words yesterday as within a few hours of me finishing the housework she had been through the kitchen like a cannonball - She instigated the conversation by asking if I was fed up of living with her ( I am sure she is worried I will move on and leave her finances even shorter) so I diplomatically said I was fed up with her mess and if I can take a few hours out of my day to clean up ( bearing in mind its her mess ! ) when I am feeling less then marvellous then the very least she could is try and keep it clean and tidy !!

She didn't like it but maybe its time she heard these things rather then me !!!!! foot around her
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Ever felt like every body comes to you for strength and support and guidance and life can be a bit overwhelming

thats me right now

Little chat with my youngest last night , seems like he isn't managing his finances as well as he could be , I sent him a internet shop when he went back to uni and looking at his sums he is going to struggle

I feel quite fortunate that my girls never needed any assistance , typically I think the young man is made of slightly different stuff

I will I think end up sending him another shop just to make sure that he has food and then I won't worry about him so much.

I am zapped , I took myself to bed at 7 last night and managed to stay there and sleeping until 6am this morning

Today should be a no spend day - I am going to need petrol before Friday and plan to see YARDIE at the cinema but I should make pay day in credit by the skin of my teeth

The cold weather has reminded me that we will soon be hitting the festive season - The key here for me is NOT TO INCREASE the debt

I've got a football shirt coming from overseas for my nephew and thats it so far - the older sprogs of the family seem to let us know what they would like quite late so they may not get a choice !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback