IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private PCN on residential estate

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No form needed, as long as you put in the subject line:

URGENT - DEFENCE ATTACHED RE CLAIM NO. XXXXXXXX
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • squire1234
    squire1234 Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I haven't received a DQ as of yet, should I be proactive about chasing it?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 April 2019 at 8:21PM
    Options
    squire1234 wrote: »
    I haven't received a DQ as of yet, should I be proactive about chasing it?
    When did you submit your defence? How soon were you expecting a DQ? Have you researched it on the MCOL website? Does the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 not cover this?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Didn't the court write and tell you that the Claimant has 28 days to consider their options?

The court will not be sending you a Directions Questionnaire until that hear from the Claimant that they want to continue.
  • squire1234
    Options
    I sent the defence at the start of April and Gladstones informed me that they had told the court of their decision to proceed on 3rd April. I will continue to wait for the DQ. Thanks

Can I also confirm the following - I received another court claim on 18th March, does this mean I have until 4pm on 23rd April to file my defence? I already submitted my acknowledgement of service before 14 days after issue.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I also confirm the following - I received another court claim on 18th March, does this mean I have until 4pm on 23rd April to file my defence? I already submitted my acknowledgement of service before 14 days after issue.
    That's correct.
  • squire1234
    Options
    Hi, I know that the court hearing happens at the defendant's local court but I wanted to know what happens in the event that the defendant moves. I currently live in the South but am due to move in the next 4 months, will I still need to attend at the court that is local to me currently? Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You can nominate any court (with a good explanation, if at face value it looks a bit nonsensical).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I also confirm the following - I received another court claim on 18th March
    Search the forum for Two claims? abuse of process and include the usual words.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • squire1234
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to get some advice; I am due to move out of my area in early August and this will see me relocating about 200 miles from the county court that I am currently local to and where the case has been assigned to. So far I haven't even got onto the "witness statement" stage, therefore, without doubt I will have moved away before the court date.

Two questions:
    1) Is it possible to change the allocated court in the event that neither the defendant nor claimant are local to it any longer?

2) Would it be better for me to have the hearing on paper given the situation?

Advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure