IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private PCN on residential estate

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you email it to the local court and the solicitor? You were not to email it to MCOL, who are not involved any more, in any way.

Are you back next week, to also post a full file with a covering letter explaining you were abroad?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • squire1234
    Options
    Yes I emailed it to both the local court and the solicitor, not to MCOL.

I am not back until December as I am doing some doctors abroad medical work and travelling. I did briefly mention this in my DQ but this was submitted much earlier in the year when I did not have a specific return date. Unfortunately, I received the Court papers on 6th October, which was 2 days before I flew out and did not have sufficient time to contact the court to explain or do the proper work needed.

I have asked a relative to print and post a hard copy to the court but this will not get there until tomorrow - a day after the deadline.

If it is worth sending an additional letter to explain then I can post that from where I currently am?
  • squire1234
    Options
    Any advice re. the above? Thanks.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I have asked a relative to print and post a hard copy to the court but this will not get there until tomorrow - a day after the deadline.
    That will be OK.
    If it is worth sending an additional letter to explain then I can post that from where I currently am?
    I would not bother, a day late is fine.
  • squire1234
    Options
    Thanks for that Coupon_mad.

I am about to submit my third witness statement for the third and last ticket that I had received (pretty much using the same WS for all three tickets which I hope is ok - two are being heard on the same day but the third one is on a different date). I've added in a contents page since the whole pack comes to more than 100 pages.

Just had a few questions:
    1) I have a video as part of the evidence, what is the best way to supply this to court and claimant?
    2) When am I meant to submit an expenses form?
    3) If the hearing is taking place on the same day does that mean the claims are consolidated?

Advice is greatly appreciated as always.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    1. On a 'durable medium' - a CD or memory stick. You must take a laptop on which to play it to court with you.

2. Send it in with your WS.

3. Do you mean all three claims are being heard at the same time by the same Judge? If so, that sounds 'consolidated' to me.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • squire1234
    Options
    Do you mean all three claims are being heard at the same time by the same Judge? If so, that sounds 'consolidated' to me.

2 of them are being heard at the same time by same Judge but at a different court. I have now had all the cases moved to the same court and the previous hearing dates have been vacated. Waiting for them to send new ones so I can have all 3 cases consolidated.

I have not received a WS from the Claimant for the 3rd case (the one which currently has a hearing date) - it is several weeks after the deadline. What should I do?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I have not received a WS from the Claimant for the 3rd case (the one which currently has a hearing date) - it is several weeks after the deadline. What should I do?
    Write to the Judge and ask for Directions, and state that you are intending to submit a skeleton argument to assist the court, prior to the single hearing for all 3 claims, but because the Claimant has missed the deadline and failed to provide any WS or evidence for this claim, you are seeking Directions on whether the court will summarily strike this one out or whether new dates will be set in 2020.

You need to read CEC16's thread. There is more to argue now, hence the skeleton argument you will be keen to add, now, along with you costs schedule of course.
  • squire1234
    Options
    Many thanks. I just received the consolidated court dates for the other 2 cases, now being heard at my local court 1 month after the 3rd case - unfortunately, I am out of the country for those dates.

I will contact the Judge for Directions and presumably should also ask for consolidation of all 3 and a different court date if possible given unavailability? Also, probably a dumb question, but is the best way to contact the Judge via the enquires email address or by writing directly to the court?

I have had a read CEC16 and think I understand it but may post a question when I come to write the skeleton, thanks.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Also, probably a dumb question, but is the best way to contact the Judge via the enquires email address or by writing directly to the court?
    Probably best to call the actual court for advice, individual Judges may have personal preferences. Otherwise, we're just guessing.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport