IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Claim by SCS and UKPC

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If the letter contained no further details than a provisional date, give the court a call tomorrow.

The line can be very busy, expect a half-hour delay in getting through. Maybe try as early as possible?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • FutureTrunks
    FutureTrunks Posts: 73 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2019 at 4:40PM
    Options
    So I got a response back from the county court and they've given me a date in early May, the only thing that the allocation says is that I need to submit all evidence (witness statements and any relevant documents) at least 14 days before the hearing. I'm guessing I need to draft out my witness statement now
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes please, show us your WS and the evidence you intend to file. Tips are in the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • FutureTrunks
    Options
    I'm doing my witness statement now, I have a quick question regarding witnesses. I have a friend that was with me on the day that the parking operator printed the ticket and then took it off my windscreen, he said he may not be able to make it on the day of the hearing. Will I still be able to submit a written statement from him?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm doing my witness statement now, I have a quick question regarding witnesses. I have a friend that was with me on the day that the parking operator printed the ticket and then took it off my windscreen, he said he may not be able to make it on the day of the hearing. Will I still be able to submit a written statement from him?

Why not. No one completing a WS for the Claimant will be there, so what’s good for the goose ........!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes submit it anyway - a proper headed witness statement, dated and signed, similar to your own.

It would be best if he does attend too.
  • FutureTrunks
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm just working on my Witness Statement and Evidence; would Saeed vs Plustrade & Jopson vs Homeguard be relevant to my case? Since I was a tenant of the block at the time, but it was university accomodation would it still back me up?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes and what about Pace v Noor and Link v Parkinson from the Parking Prankster's case law?

One of those transcripts (Noor I think) talks about tenants having primacy of contract and Parkinson talks about how she owned the parking bay.
  • FutureTrunks
    FutureTrunks Posts: 73 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2019 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Hi again guys, I've got my first draft witness statement here, is it okay? -Deleted-

Also I still haven't received the Claimant's evidence pack or WS yet, the deadline is on the 19th, is this a cause for concern?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Looks like a good WS.
    my only option was to pay UKPC. (Is there anything I could submit for evidence for this?)
    You didn't PAY them for one, did you?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure