This can't be right, can it? (Egg Money cash back)

Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The_doomed wrote:
    just sent them a secure message to initiate transfer
    I'm assuming the request was for a transfer to an external account?
    received a secure message from egg saying they cant make bacs payments over £100 so have decided to do a balance transfer instead.
    They've been sending this message back for a good few months now.
    I never requested a balance transfer and they never asked my consent...
    Should they?
    (now meaning im without the cash for 10 days )
    Why? Balance transfers are just as fast as BACS transfers in my experience. Indeed, I've made 6 BT's from various accounts recently (simply because I've already generated my £200 cashback) and, provided they're requested Mon-Wed, they take only 48 hours.
    So I aint happy and have filed a complaint.
    What exactly are you complaining about?
    awaiting response.
    They'll tell you that, because the mechanism is the same, the time taken is the same. However, depending on what you've put in your complaint, they may see your ulterior motive and close your account!

If you want to try and generate some cashback in the future, the only way that seems to work these days is to transfer the money to your Egg Savings account.
  • The_doomed
    Options
    they are more than welcome to close my account, why would anyone wish to stay with egg these days?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    The_doomed wrote:
    ...why would anyone wish to stay with egg these days?
    Well, since this is the stoozing board, I would have thought that was obvious? :)
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I know this thread hasn't been posted on for some time!

Can I just check this loophole -

How EXACTLY is the best way to trnasfer positive funds from Egg Money to Egg Savings to ensure the cashback?
    (Eg. telephone, secure message, move money internet option)
  • sashacat
    sashacat Posts: 821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have done it by secure message and, on a different occasion, by phone, and I have just received the maximum cashback which is in my account
    Wombling £457.41
  • Haycorns_2
    Haycorns_2 Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Are you sure Milarky?

I'm aware that the 'move money' tab defaults to the Egg Card and has caught a few people out, but the following seems to work for Egg Money...

Click Egg Money 'view' in the 'your account' summary table.
    Click 'Egg Money Admin'
    Click 'Transfer a balance'
    Choose 'overdraft', 'credit/store card', or 'loan'.

...or have I misunderstood you?

I've done all mine by secure messaging. They told me I can't do it myself via the website. £199 cashback - all stooze transfers or deliberate money moving current ac to egg money to egg savings to current account
  • lipidicman
    lipidicman Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    OK, so my cashback has been paid (£194, thank you to all who helped out). Can I STILL get cashback by doing the same again this year? (There is a statement saying 'Guaranteed until Jan 2007' but not that it has been withdrawn?)
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    lipidicman wrote: »
    Can I STILL get cashback by doing the same again this year?
    With the upcoming sale to CitiGroup, the wise will be getting their transfers done quickly (but after their March statements have been produced).
    (There is a statement saying 'Guaranteed until Jan 2007' but not that it has been withdrawn?)
    The "statement" I'm looking at on the Egg Money features and benefits page says "At least 1% cash back on all purchases guaranteed until 2007", ie no mention of a particular month.
  • lipidicman
    lipidicman Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    With the upcoming sale to CitiGroup, the wise will be getting their transfers done quickly (but after their March statements have been produced).

Do I need to wait for the statement if the cashback has been paid?
    I guess I could do EGG SAVINGS >> EXT ACCOUNT >> EGG MONEY in preparation though? DO you go this external route?
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My statement is dated 12th,i.e. today, but iti usually doesn't show up until the next day. Then when I see it is back to £0, even though the £200 has been paid, I will then request tomorrow by secure message a transfer of the positive in Egg Money at the moment to Egg Savings. I also have a £6K regular saver maturing in a few days time and have asked for that to be paid directly to Egg Money as well. I am planning to do the round robin of transfers much earlier in the year just in case they change the rules sooner rather than later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure