PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year folks. Thank you for putting up with my ramblings and hope you can put up with them for another year.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Happy New Year folks. Thank you for putting up with my ramblings and hope you can put up with them for another year.

They're not ramblings! You give lots of helpful meal ideas and advice, and hopefully you get some back too. That's what I love about this place.
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy New Year:wave:

Can I join in please? The budget for January is £200 plus vouchers/coupons. This is less than usual but we have loads of stuff so we are going to really try! Hubby is on board and we are going to only by stuff we need or that is a great bulk buy (stuff we would buy anyway only). I have a voucher for £9 off a £60 shop for Sainsburys which I will use probably on Friday. We should be ok until then with maybe a few bits from the tesco express like milk / mushrooms / bread. We are going to save receipts and try to think before we buy. I will also be doing an inventory, meal planning and taking lunches to work rather than buying them in the cafe.

Should probably add our family is me and hubby, our 5 yo son and 2 cats. We are not drinking in Jan well starting from 2nd and I am starting my diet from then too. We still have cake/biscuits etc from Christmas so will not be buying any cake, biscuits, chocolate, puddings (except yoghurt/fruit) or alcohol! I will try to keep posting to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Good luck everyone!
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • Kerry78
    Kerry78 Posts: 228 Forumite
    Options
    I've joined a few challenges to help stay on track as I was made redundant yesterday but this is the one I'm most apprehensive of as up till now we've (me and DH) not kept any track of how much we've been spending.

We live in Ireland and looking at people reporting on here it seems food costs are higher here and not as many whoopsies. We do the majority of our shopping in aldi and the rest in tesco. So this months total will seem high but I don't want to set it unrealistically low and fail so this month €500

Eeek
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They're not ramblings! You give lots of helpful meal ideas and advice, and hopefully you get some back too. That's what I love about this place.

Aw! thank you :o

Yes, I get tons back from here. The fact I have managed to pare down my budget so low is all down to the board and by the looks of the last couple of months I may be able to bring it down even lower. I love this board for the support and the fact everyone has the same goal in mind.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    I love the idea of No Car use days!! I use my car far far too much and could easily walk places but I am too lazy.

Am going to bed now - feel too full and am looking forward to a nice healthy eating New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone on here and thanks to the organisers for keeping all the info updated!!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • youngmummy
    youngmummy Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    hi all, please can i join, lost track last year after house move ect. but really determined this year to stick to my budget as much as possible. my budget is £2600 for the year please. happy new year to everyone xxx
    (#80 save 12k in 2015) aim £10,000
    make £10 a day in 2015 £261/£4000
    emergency fund aim £100/£1000
    £1 a day for xmas 2015 £0/£365
    NSD feb 0/16
    feb GC £0/£120
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi, happy new year everyone. Can you put me down for £80 please
  • WelshDreamer_2
    Options
    An update from fri+sat here a cleaning top up from BM £22.19 loo rolls.kitchen rolls, w/up/liquid washing powder fabric conditioner, bleach, floor cleaner, polish air freshener refills etc.... And a home delivery from t3sco £48.55 so £70.74 for me x

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL XXXX
    march Grocery Challenge 2012 £187.00/£285:D
    Weekly spend 11th march £0.00/£20.00
    5/17 NSD march:o
    10/14lb..2012 loss...1st/5st
  • kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy New Year all on here.

This is the year we have reduced our monthly food & toiletries budget to £250 p/m. But budget is not for anything else as before i would be taking all sorts out of it and i never really know how much exactly i was spending on food, so we have set up a different budget for everything else.

Our months runs from the 24th Dec and I have approx £99 left but i have everything in that i need except milk and ham (and any whoopsies i manage to find).

Anyway Happy New Year to you all and lets hope it's a good one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure