Halifax reward account online now, and the old accounts....

Options

Comments

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Kavanne wrote: »
    'Andrew' didn't tell me anything about the account so I presume my debit cards + cheque books will be remaining the same?

Yes, you'll keep the same card, cheque book and account number.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't remember the maximum number of accounts you can hold. Is it 3 or 4?
    It's 3, and any combination of sole and joint accounts.

I'm opening 3 this month, and then intend to convert my HICA next month in the hope that I can sneak in a 4th Reward account.

£240 a year for doing virtually nothing. Easy money! :D
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm, if I opened a 3rd that would mean I have a total of 6 current accounts at different places... would this be bad for credit score/credit report? Or do current accounts not matter really?

Oh and also, with the 2 I've converted today, will the first payment be payable end of Feb/beginning of March or the end of March/beginning of April?

EDIT: Just applied for a 3rd current account and it's been referred!!! Bloody typical.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and also, with the 2 I've converted today, will the first payment be payable end of Feb/beginning of March or the end of March/beginning of April?

The first £5 will be paid on 2nd March (as the 1st is a Sunday), provided you credited the a/c with at least £1000 during February. (Even if you paid in the £1k, say, last week, before it was a Reward account, that still counts. It just has to be during Feb.)

And from March onwards, they will always be paid on the first bank working day of the month, in respect of the previous month.
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    Hmm, if I opened a 3rd that would mean I have a total of 6 current accounts at different places... would this be bad for credit score/credit report? Or do current accounts not matter really?
    I have 8 (or 9 I can't remember :o) and it doesn't seem to have affected my credit rating. Only a couple have (unused) overdraft facilities though.
  • Grade_A_Reject
    Options
    It's 3, and any combination of sole and joint accounts.

I'm opening 3 this month, and then intend to convert my HICA next month in the hope that I can sneak in a 4th Reward account.

£240 a year for doing virtually nothing. Easy money! :D

I've now got 3 and my wife has opened 3 in her name today. I'm planning to withdraw £1000 from my Egg savings and bounce it between my First Direct account and the 6 Reward accounts each month.
    "A nation of plenty so concerned with gain" - Isley Brothers - Harvest for the World
  • firsttimestudent
    Options
    I'm a student who owns a Halifax Student Account with £2750 which I stooze with quite a lot!

I'm thinking of applying for a Halifax Reward account, and then transfer £1000 into it each month - will that be advisable? Do you think it'll affect my student overdraft during the next review?
  • Calchas
    Calchas Posts: 405 Forumite
    Options
    I've now got 3 and my wife has opened 3 in her name today. I'm planning to withdraw £1000 from my Egg savings and bounce it between my First Direct account and the 6 Reward accounts each month.

Talk about consumers revenge! :D

There's some canny people around! :T
    Me? I just watch and learn. Thanks good people!!!:beer:
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    I'm planning to withdraw £1000 from my Egg savings and bounce it between my First Direct account and the 6 Reward accounts each month.
    I'm using my Tesco Internet Saver (4%) because it supports FPs (you'll be incurring a 3-day lag with Egg won't you?).

£1,000 in to No 1 and leave in over night.
    Next day bounce it straight back to Tesco (2 x £500 at the moment).
    Rinse and repeat with 2, 3 & (hopefully) 4. :D

Just a thought...£1,000 transfers in from other Halifax accounts still satisfied the funding requirements for my HICA. I wonder if the same is true of the Reward account?
  • maxsquared
    Options
    Just applied one myself too, instant decision, one thing though, it showed up as current account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure