Halifax reward account online now, and the old accounts....

Options

Comments

• maxsquared
    Options
    I have 2 current accounts with Yorkshire Bank and each has an overdraft facility.

Thank you very much
  • Calchas
    Calchas Posts: 405 Forumite
    Options
    maxsquared wrote: »
    But can you hold 2 overdraft account from 1 bank or is it a mistake?

As of today I have a 10k offer on the HICA and a £200 offer on the Reward Account.

I opted for no overdraft.
  • pcyam
    pcyam Posts: 651 Forumite
    Options
    Have I got this right,

The Halifax Reward Bank Account pays you £5 every month if £1000 is credited to the account once a month!!! I dont have to switch any accounts over, all I need to do is setup a standing order from another account to this one and out again every month?? And theres no monthly fee.

Is the £5 reward for a limited period of time or is it just till the account gets closed down??

And whats the maximum Reward Account that one person has?

TIA
  • Grade_A_Reject
    Options
    pcyam wrote: »
    Have I got this right,

The Halifax Reward Bank Account pays you £5 every month if £1000 is credited to the account once a month!!! I dont have to switch any accounts over, all I need to do is setup a standing order from another account to this one and out again every month?? And theres no monthly fee.

Is the £5 reward for a limited period of time or is it just till the account gets closed down??

TIA

Yup, that's right. Maximum number you can hold is 3.

hmmmm....once they realise how many people are milking multiple accounts for £5 a month who knows?
    "A nation of plenty so concerned with gain" - Isley Brothers - Harvest for the World
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options

TIA

3 according the the T&Cs
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• pcyam
    Options
    OMG, thats £180 a year, and I can use the same money thats going round and round and keep the accounts on a zero balance barr one account?? Is there a certain date it has to arrive into the account?
  • Calchas
    Calchas Posts: 405 Forumite
    Options
    Have I got this right,

As I understand it, yes.

Probably until Haifax adds up all these fivers! :D

TIA

Three, until YorkshireBoy breaks the record! :T
  • pcyam
    Options
    Has anyone applied for 3 all in one go, or is the success rate better if applied one after the other??

Dont suppose quidco, rpoints or another similiar sites are offering cashback when apply for the account :0)
  • Grade_A_Reject
    Options
    Has anyone applied for 3 all in one go, or is the success rate better if applied one after the other??

Tricky unless you got 3 computers simultaneously on the go. I applied for mine in very rapid succession though. :D

[edit] I'll call them the triplets. ;)
    "A nation of plenty so concerned with gain" - Isley Brothers - Harvest for the World
  • LemonTree_3
    Options
    In order to qualify for the monthly £5 reward do I need to pay in £1,000 in a lump sum or is it fine to spread over the month, say pay in £500 one day and another £500 the other day within the same month?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure