Options

Comments

• ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The sorting office keeps items for 18 calendar days
    Just had one back after 6 weeks.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    They probably threw the card out with junk mail, about 50% of customers swear blind they never got a card for some reason.

I think the 'posties often do not leave a card' mantra we see trotted out a lot is completely inaccurate, I suspect that very rarely happens.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    I think the 'posties often do not leave a card' mantra we see trotted out a lot is completely inaccurate, I suspect that very rarely happens.

I think the reason this happens is that by the time the customer contacts you the seller, they have already been whittled down to the group that didn't notice the card. i.e. in other words, they aren't going to contact you and say where is my item, oh yes I had a red card last week and ignored it and now it's down the back of the sofa.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • wishuponastar
    wishuponastar Posts: 779 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 May 2018 at 3:16PM
    Options
    I sold a skirt years ago, the buyer said it never arrived. So I refunded. And just put it down to one of those things.

Anyway about 2 months later the skirt arrives back on my doorstep with the original packaging but half torn off (the bit that remained was the half with the sender's address hence why it came back to me).

The skirt was torn/caught at the part where the package had been ripped, I assumed it was RM machines or something that had ripped the padded envelope. Someone had repackaged it in a plastic bag over my original half remaining envelope.

I never did anything, guess in those days I didn't know I could do anything, I was just glad I got the skirt back. But it was a shame about the skirt being caught as it was irreparable but I was able to use the small belt off it on another skirt of mine.
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought second class parcels couldn't be tracked.

So, am I right in thinking if I put the ref number of my proof of delivery it will show if its been delivered?
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It appears so. I did not know either! I have put in my code and it tells me that delivery was attempted on the 2nd May and it is either awaiting collection or redelivery.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GAD1981 wrote: »
    I've had this happen a lot over the last few months with people chancing their luck to have their money refunded. I always send it signed for now!
    This wouldn't have helped in the OP's situation and would have cost you an extra pound or so. Unless the value is over £20 the proof of posting covers the value and delivery can be shown with the code that is on the PO receipt. Signed for is only worth considering if the item is worth £20-£50.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    This wouldn't have helped in the OP's situation and would have cost you an extra pound or so. Unless the value is over £20 the proof of posting covers the value and delivery can be shown with the code that is on the PO receipt. Signed for is only worth considering if the item is worth £20-£50.
    True, though sometimes it's easy to put signed for on a sub £20 large letter item with a high mark up i.e. you'll get sad all from a PO claim but the item is quite desirable.
  • BargainJunky
    edited 18 May 2018 at 8:04AM
    Options
    Messaged the buyer through Ebay and they never replied so I emailed directly with the email address from Paypal which luckily they replied to straight away.

They have arranged for redelivery which should happen today. Buyer said they never had a card.

Assuming the parcel gets delivered today what happens then? Does the buyer need to close the case or can I do it as it is showed as delivered. I dont fancy the buyer getting a refund next week and having the parcel.

I now add the tracking onto anything I sell. Sold something Monday posted Tuesday as our Post Office decided to shut for the day on Mondy checked the tracking and it was delivered yesterday.
  • BargainJunky
    Options
    All sorted parcel delivered today and buyer closed the case.

Thanks everyone for your help it is greatly appreciated also I have learnt a lesson to add the code that I did not realise was tracking onto anything I sell.

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport