Cheap pressure washer

Options
50Twuncle
50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
I am thinking of buying a pressure washer - mainly for car cleaning and also patio cleaning

What pressure should I be looking for ?
https://www.diy.com/departments/mac-allister-pressure-washer-1300-w/1580839_BQ.prd is only 90 bars and costs just £58 - will that suit my needs ?
It seems too cheap

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's B&Q's own-brand generic Chinese rubbish. Whether it's "too" cheap depends on how much you plan on using it.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying a pressure washer - mainly for car cleaning and also patio cleaning

What pressure should I be looking for ?
    https://www.diy.com/departments/mac-allister-pressure-washer-1300-w/1580839_BQ.prd is only 90 bars and costs just £58 - will that suit my needs ?
    It seems too cheap

So you were two years ago:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5604204
  • Ant555
    Ant555 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    In my opinion that will be fine as long as you can get a suitable patio cleaning adapter head for it.

Ive had far too many sessions covered in dirt when cleaning the patio over the years using a normal lance and now wouldnt dream of cleaning mine without the head. Regular sprucing up of the flags/blocks with the patio head works a treat and is very quick, I found the lance took me far longer anyway.

For the car, you dont really want too much pressure anyway on the paintwork.

So, my opinion is to price up a patio cleaning head or see if there is a bundle with one included.

PS - dont forget we have a couple of bank holidays coming up - this kind of stuff is often in the sales.

Hope this helps
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    Inner_Zone wrote: »

Yes and never bought one at the time !!
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    Ant555 wrote: »
    In my opinion that will be fine as long as you can get a suitable patio cleaning adapter head for it.

Ive had far too many sessions covered in dirt when cleaning the patio over the years using a normal lance and now wouldnt dream of cleaning mine without the head. Regular sprucing up of the flags/blocks with the patio head works a treat and is very quick, I found the lance took me far longer anyway.

For the car, you dont really want too much pressure anyway on the paintwork.

So, my opinion is to price up a patio cleaning head or see if there is a bundle with one included.

PS - dont forget we have a couple of bank holidays coming up - this kind of stuff is often in the sales.

Hope this helps

Are the hose connections standard - ie) Will a karcher head fit ?
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Buy cheap, buy twice. So if what you want is much less than 50% of a good quality equivalent then go for it. :)
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    Are the hose connections standard - ie) Will a karcher head fit ?
    No. Nearly every major manufacturer will have their own connectors.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look on Amazon's Spring Sale to see if there's any currently for sale.
  • DrEskimo
    DrEskimo Posts: 2,350 Forumite
    Options
    I have a Nilfisk c110, then swapped out the hose for this one from a seller on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QWASHERS-YOUTUBE-EBAY-CLICK-AND-CONNECT-NILFISK-ALTO-RUBBER-HOSE-1-WIRE-10-METER/172791338040?epid=16005951504&hash=item283b2a9438:g:99YAAOSwySRZ0-Xr

Had it for about 5/6 years now. Bought the Niflisk washer off Argos for £99 and sold the extra attachments on eBay to fund the replacement hose pipe. So much better as it doesn't coil or tangle.
  • frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

Inner_Zone wrote: »
    So you were two years ago:
    Yes and never bought one at the time !!

car ready for a clean by now then, and patio a mess? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure