Great Free Audience Tickets Hunt

Options

Comments

• sara1980
    Options
    i get regular emails from

https://www.beonscreen.co.uk

it is more to appear on a show, but if you fit the the bill some of them you get paid for.....

there is some on there for ant & dec....would love to see them !!
  • gingercordial
    Options
    and there was a warning in the ticket information to say we might not get in.
    So be warned.

BUT if they KNOW how many tickets they are giving out then surely they should have a place for us all.!!!!!±!

Seems they are like the airlines and overbook. Can you imagine that happening at an ordinary theatre though.( OK I know the tickets are paid for there. )but if people are travelling many miles they should restrict how many they give out and have some on a reserve list which can be done at the time of booking, i.e. you should be able to say you can go at short notice.

Not sure how it would work but that is what the mobile telephone is for Isn't it. so people can be contacted at short notice. After all the tv people can tell quite quickly if they are going to fill the seating or not by the queue, giving a time to be there, if you are late you lose your seat and a reserve can have it.

Or is that too complicated.

Yes they do overbook, by quite some margin.

If the tickets are free then so many people just don't turn up! They'd make the effort for a ticket they'd paid for but not for a freebie.

The BBC and the others aren't doing this so that we can get entertainment, they're doing it so they have an audience to provide reactions and a laugh track. For it to work properly they need a full house, so they'll normally issue around a third as many tickets again. You should always turn up early if you want to make sure you get in.

Not everyone has a mobile or has it on during the working day to be contactable. And I'd rather the BBC didn't spend licence fee money on ringing people to see whether they were coming or not!
  • Corrado_2
    Options
    Hi

New to this fab forum and I have just spotted this thread!
    I have been using https://www.lostintv.com for some time now. They do a whole range of shows, I recently saw the new Richard Herring Radio show recorded at the great Bush Hall and also things like Green Green Grass, Paul O'Grady and Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Really top service and they actually send proper souvenier tickets.

Have used Applausestore, too but they rarely reply to my emails and only contact me when they are really desperate! i.e. weekly emails to Sharon Osborne.

Also used https://www.clappers-tickets.co.uk who are good but have been a little quiet lately.
  • teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    cant find any north of the border except one show on 7th sept
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • Vikster
    Options
    There are often people at Bluewater Shopping Centre trying to find audiences for shows, but beware, we went to the show we were given tickets to, were first in line outside (4 hours early) and still only just got in, as they had to give priority to the people who failed to get in the week before, then there are families and friends of the participants...they don't tell you this stuff beforehand - just be prepared to take a flask of soup and a brolly! And don't be gutted if you don't get in.

PS I think this was through Applausestore ;-)
  • Scaptain_Carlet
    Options
    Is there anything on in LEEDS ?
  • THTV
    Options
    The Trisha Goddard show offer FREE Adience tickets. They film at Maidstone Studios which is really easy to get to, with parking available too. Also they provide coaches from various towns which are completely FREE! You can e-mail toni.griggs@townhousetv.com or call 01622 684763/01622 684752 for more information.[/COLOR]
  • carras
    carras Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I moved here in 1978 and back then I could get free tickets for shows like the Grumbleweeds.
    Following a spell of travelling to various jobs throughout the country I have resetled and can not find free ticket contacts.
    All links shown so far are for London theatres.
    All people north of Watford seem to be excluded.:confused:
    Wonder what will happen when the BBC relocates to Manchester?
  • Dan29
    Dan29 Posts: 4,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    carras wrote:
    I moved here in 1978 and back then I could get free tickets for shows like the Grumbleweeds.
    Following a spell of travelling to various jobs throughout the country I have resetled and can not find free ticket contacts.
    All links shown so far are for London theatres.
    All people north of Watford seem to be excluded.:confused:
    Wonder what will happen when the BBC relocates to Manchester?

'A Question of Sport' and 'Mastermind' are made in Manchester. The main BBC departments moving in 2010 are CBBC, BBC Sport and Radio Five Live, which probably won't increase the number of shows with studio audiences I'm afraid.
  • jct
    jct Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Slightly off topic.... for free film screenings try http://www.moviebeat.co.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure