Great Free Audience Tickets Hunt

Comments

• Does anyone know of the websites devoted purely for manchester shows?
    I presently use sro.audiences.co.uk for the occasional show eg Jeremy Kyle. but I wondered if there were any sites more specific.
    Do any moneysitewebbers know of any?
  • rdbaxter
    rdbaxter Posts: 153 Forumite
    I went to watch the recording of my family 2.5 hr drive got there by the skin of my teeth as we got a lil lost !!! anyway made in in were the last 2 people to fill the audience that was very lucky !!!

Anyway was a very enjoyable evening really loved it amazing to see it recorded and very very funny would recomend it to anyone !!!!
  • rosegarden
    rosegarden Posts: 3,537 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Whatever time it says the studio doors open, aim to get there at least an hour and a half before, probably quite a bit earlier considering who's on.

When you get there, you queue up outside. As soon as they start letting people in, you go through security (bags through x-ray machine), you'll then be given a ticket with a number on as you head up to the waiting area which has a bar/cafe and BBC shop, it's quite a big place. When it's time to go to the studio, you are called in ticket number order (the number that you got after security). It's production and staff etc first, then public tickets. I've been there quite a few times and have never not got in, even with a ticket number over 200, but I suppose it depends how much room there is in the studio on the night and how many production/staff want to go too.

Give the BBC audience people a call about what to do because you have tickets for both recordings, they should be able to help.

Hope this helps.
    :beer:Thank you to all posters:beer:
  • MushyPeas
    MushyPeas Posts: 3,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Hiya. I have a friend who works part-time as a steward showing audiences into BBC programmes. Some top tips for you:

- if the show is very popular some people will queue up, up to 2 hours before 'gate opening' time
    - when you get the tickets, if you can phone up because they might be able to advise how early to arrive (you don't always need to arrive an hour early!)
    - take warm clothing and rain gear, you'll have to queue outside
    - if you have mobility difficulties phone in advance as then they can ensure you are seated in an appropriate area for the show
    - if you can't make the show, phone up to let them know so you're not put on a 'no show' blacklist
    - depending on the show, it can be a long day/evening so take some drinks and snacks with you
    - there isn't an area to leave luggage

Finally - they get lots of questions asking 'why do you send out so many tickets?' Well it's because as they are free, unfortunately people don't always turn up!

Hope that helps

MPx

P.S. Just seen the post about Television Centre, as other poster said you get showed into a cafe area, you can buy drinks or take your own. TVC closest tube station is White City, or it is a 10 minutes walk away from Shepherds Bush.
    Previous debt: £14K :embarasse Debt free: Sept '03 :DMFW#42 Mortgage OP savings £4271.18/£12000 2019 :)Started dating OH Mar '12, married Oct '12, Walnut born Dec ' 12 :A SPC 12: 99 £38.05/£500 Make money Jan: £412.34/£310 :T Feb: £88.79/£280 May: £215.52/£310 June: £18.98/£300
  • MushyPeas
    MushyPeas Posts: 3,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    When you arrive the people on the door take your ticket to the show, then they 'sticker' your ticket with a number, which helps them count how many spaces they have in the studio.
    Previous debt: £14K :embarasse Debt free: Sept '03 :DMFW#42 Mortgage OP savings £4271.18/£12000 2019 :)Started dating OH Mar '12, married Oct '12, Walnut born Dec ' 12 :A SPC 12: 99 £38.05/£500 Make money Jan: £412.34/£310 :T Feb: £88.79/£280 May: £215.52/£310 June: £18.98/£300
  • rosegarden
    Yep, the one that you get after security are like small raffle tickets with numbers on. That determines the order you go through when they call you.

I don't think it would make any difference if it's a Granada/ITV show.
  • I've just used TVrecordings.com to book 3 tickets for harry hill. You have to print the tickets out. So I have 3 copies of a4 size pages full of the info they give to print out. Can someone just give me some confidence I'm not going to be laughed at when I wave them infront of security. They do have a booking ref on them.

Anyone advise on how early you would arrive. I don't know how popular Harry would be. Certainly something like Ant and Dec you'd have to get there really early. I'm thinking an hour early, doors open at 18:30 at Teddington Studio, London.
  • rosegarden
    Quite a few audience ticket companies issue tickets via e-mail, so it's ok, you're not going to get laughed at. Everybody else at the venue will have the same as you.

Arriving an hour to an hour and a half before the doors open should be ok.
  • button16
    button16 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Is there anything on in LEEDS ?
    Countdown is recorded in Leeds.
  • I've been registered with Applause Store for a year now and I've applied to loads of shows - NEVER had any tickets from them! I find it really disheartening...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure