Advice needed re JSA

Options
13»

Comments

• GraemeB
    GraemeB Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    OK, I re-read and see that the OP has children. As a result it is reasonable for one of them to not work. The remainder of my post is an accurate interpreatation of the current regulations apart from the level of hardship.

His/her claim would go to Adjudication (Decision Makers) immediately, unless there was a pressing reason to allow the claim in the interim, and so no payments would be made at first in any case. In my case, the local DM's were Fareham, who were not known for their liberal interpreatation of the regulations.

Since JSA was introduced cases of LV and Misc are not suspended on JSAPS and are put into payment pending the DM's decision and only on receipt of an unfavourable decision are sanctions imposed. We use Fareham too! I would agree they are less lenient than Bromley!!! :D
  • BenefitMaster
    Options
    GraemeB wrote:
    Since JSA was introduced cases of LV and Misc are not suspended on JSAPS and are put into payment pending the DM's decision and only on receipt of an unfavourable decision are sanctions imposed. We use Fareham too! I would agree they are less lenient than Bromley!!! :D

While this is correct, what with the backlog of cases a while ago, I used to find that they were already suspended by Fareham by the time Winchester had put them into payment...

I do know of one case where Fareham DM's got overruled by the local BM at BSK, who put the claim back into payment because he knew the claimant was genuine and would take any job (that would pay his costs) to stay in work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure