PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    oops - did a very big shop in c0stc0 - doh! but at least we got a couple of chrimbo pressies sorted and lots of stuff for stores too. *sigh*
    Blah
  • Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Options
    Just dug out my receipt from the other day - have spent £65.12 of my £200 budget so far but managed to get most of the meat needed for this month so it should be plain sailing from here on providing I don't cave to the takeaway cravings, so far so good!
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »

Is it too late to make a Christmas cake?
    No, it's never too late to make a Christmas cake. I've heard of people baking, marzipanning (?) and icing a cake all on Christmas Eve! You just won't have as long to 'feed' it if that's what you usually do.
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • mummy172
    Options
    Evening all
    Finally getting around to reporting my spends for the weekend.
    49.90 spent in Mr M's on Friday evening, but lots of ys meat so freezer pretty full.

Spent a fiver in !celand yesterday on frozen lasagne and bits for dessert and drink. Not very OS I know but had been christmas shopping all afternoon and was absolutely bushed! So it was either ready made lasagne or take away :o.

roasted a joint of whoopsied pork for tea tonight and still loads left, it will do at least 2 more meals I think and only cost 2.15 so feeling quite pleased with myself:j
    NS day today and hopefully tomorrow too!
    December G/C 172.85/250
    Dec NSD's 10/8:j
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been a very good girl today and have done my first lot of batch cooking :A! I used half a pack of leftover bacon, a bag of lentils, 500g mince, 500g of paneer and 500g chicken (and assorted flavourings, bits of veg, etc) to make 2 meals of bolognese sauce, 3 curries, a vat of soup (mostly eaten now) and a rather large shepherds pie that will probable do 2 meals - all for 4, and we're greedy :o! Hubby spent 90p on a baguette to mop up the soup today but he managed to avoid any other temptation! :D
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • skilly
    skilly Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all, went to Asda yesterday and spent £30.93 on leg of lamb (Xmas day) .....joint of beef for today and meals in the week ....a jar of cinnamon....jar of mixed spice ,just off to make a spice loaf in my new bread maker :-)
    sealed pot challenge number 31 3£496/4£706.75/5 £376.74/6 £645.08/ 7 £861.34 /8 £786.90/9£610.49/10 £722.03 / 16 £802.00/ 17 £? gold star from sue 🌟
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    OMGoodness, so this week I decided to pay Mr A to deliver my shopping because its so cold & wet and I was buying lots of tins, jars & bottles, all the heavy stuff, well the shopping arrived with all my tins, jars & bottles missing ! :eek: The driver told me I could have a refund, no way, the whole point of paying was so that I didn't have to do all the heavy stuff in this dreadful weather. Anyway it all finally arrived at 6pm! :T

This morning I've been online to transfer the money to find that the TV licence has come out, Id forgotten all about that :mad:
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • xshootingstarsx
    Options
    Good morning!

Just one shopping trip for me to report from over the weekend. I went to L1dl and spent £4.38 which consisted of 3kg of tomatoes (on offer atm for £1 per kg) and two cucumbers (69p each).

Total: £4.38/£200.00
  • xxlouisexx56
    Options
    Spent £2.50 this morning on milk and some cheese. Don't get paid until tomorrow so will do a big shop either then or later in the week
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all i really do need to keep up with this thread this month, my budget is £300, but i'm hoping to come in around £150 or less, so today i've had £4 to school for the kids snacks, yesterday i £6.87 in tesco, i'm trying to eat out of the freezer and keep spends low.

Total so far £10.87/£300
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills