PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon fruglers :)

No spend day again today. I did 'buy' lots of red and white wool for my first crochet blanket project but I used a love2shop which is credited with my topcashback earnings!! ;)

We had cheesy oatcakes for dinner and I'm about to start prepping tea so I can concentrate on my crochet. :j :j

We are gonna have lentil n carrot soup with JJs herby cheese bread :)

It's gonna be a good day today! I LOVE LOVE LOVE crochet!!!!! :T

Mmmm.
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • Solstice_3
    Options
    Hello everyone :) I've been watching this thread for about a week or so and reading quite a few others. Would I be able to join in? This is my first attempt at budgeting and I have no idea how much I spend each month just that I run out of money for groceries and it has to come out of another pot on the last week. I really want to get on top of things! I've made a spreadsheet and been tracking everything since payday - even colour coded it so I can compare shops for prices :)

So after all that waffle could I be put down for £310 please - that includes food, cleaning and Christmas food stuff inc alcohol. Haven't included pets as they are budgeted elsewhere :)

So far this month 29/11 - 27/12 I have spent £148.92 :eek:
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • lottie3000
    Options
    A little spend in Sains to add on to mine (6.84), hopefully will not spend anything more until Thursday when i'm sure to run out of milk and if I need £30 worth of shopping would like to take advantage of my other Ald* voucher.
  • Godiva500
    Godiva500 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First spend today - £54 from Tesco.
  • Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Updated with new spends. I popped to Mr T yesterday to pick up the Direct.com order and grab a few bits we needed there. We now have a restock of tea and coffee, and I have the bits in to make the edible bits of the parents' Christmas hampers

We should be in a position to put the chest freezer on again (it's been off since we moved here) tomorrow and I have to go back to Mr T as something hadn't turned up on time for yesterday. While I'm there I will grab a small stock of bread and milk in, as well as get the Christmas chicken in too in case they don't have a decent sized bird of the type we want nearer Christmas
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,880 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Budgets done to here :)

Please double-check the list on post 10 of page 1 to make sure I've got you! I'm suffering from a headcold so may have missed somebody off - sorry for being rubbish!

First spends of December GC for me at the weekend in both Sainsbobs and Tosco. Total currently at £94.21/£500.

Off to update my sig.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • lemmings1986
    Options
    hi all hope everyone is well,hugs to those that need them.:grouphug:
    small spend to report
    bought a tub of butter and a loaf of bread total £1.17
    tea is meatball pastabake which i made yesterday so just needs warming up.and should have some left over to go in freezer.:D
    ive done a mealplan for week
    mon- meatball pastabake
    tues,meat pie and mash,veg
    wed-minted lamb burgers,homemade wedges
    thurs-homemade shepherds pie
    fri-homemade pizza
    sat-anything goes fried rice(oh's favourite)
    sun-chicken dinner,roasties,mash,veg,yorkie puds

breakfasts will be cereal,porridge,toast
    puddings homemade lemon curd sponge
    fairy buns and cookies

everything for meal plan is in cupboards/freezer
    i just need vegetable oil ive run out and value stock cubes :)
    sorry for long post :)
    VSP#17 £2.34
    debt free 26/10/2012
  • Dreamer80
    Options
    Hi,

Is it just me or does any-one else find that now we are declaring what we spend on groceries, we are more hesitant to buy things? It's the 3rd day into my month ad I haven't spent anything yet! Likely to change over the next couple of days as I have my eye on some half price Port (for Christmas) and tea bags in the Co-*p ;)

D80
  • GreenFairy
    Options
    €9.55 spent on way home from college. Vitalite, salad bits, wraps, tomato puree and onion granules.
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2012 at 6:48PM
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge Solstice_3 :wave:
    Dreamer80 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does any-one else find that now we are declaring what we spend on groceries, we are more hesitant to buy things?
    D80

Errr sadly no!! :rotfl: Although I certainly don't overspend as much as I used to as I'm keeping track of it. Now it's on my siggy so I can't get away from it, so actually I guess yeah a bit!! ;)

Small spend of £1.50 today. 50p on crisps for DD to munch on while I was having my hair cut (should have been more organised and packed something for her) and £1 in to my sealed pot for something that I took out of Mossy's Market. :D
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure