PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Options

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,

I know I'm a bit late but wondered if I could join too. Been meaning to for ages. I'm doing the Debt Destruction December challenge and the NSD challenge which are going ok, but I think I'm in denial about how much I spend on food. Probably more than I think but not sure as I usually not separate my food spends from non-food spends in my head or on my receipt, which I only started keeping this month. So my aim is £220 on food including christmas dinner for 6.5 people. If it's not the food then it's the non-food spends that my bank balance doesn't like :o
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • nicknack
    nicknack Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that mummyyof5 - I'm not going mad then :)

I'm going to write to Tesco and see what they say as I don''t want to buy anymore if they've changed the recipe!
  • gien
    gien Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really late signing up too this month. I have already been out spending and got some christmas food in so I getting prepared!

I'd like to set a target of 800 Euros, which is more than last month but we have guests all over Christmas!

So far I have spent 188, so I must make the stuff in the cupboards stretch for a good 10 days more!.
    Trying to keep in budget.

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Small (ish) spend to report. Toothpaste from HB (got four as they haven't had the 2 for £1 crest in for ages), dishwasher tablets and cheese (50% of coupon expires on Thursday). Total spend £4.50.
    Should be able to stay on track as I only need a few fresh bits this week. However, have my second Aldi voucher to use by Thursday so i wil use it to stock up on dry goods as I am hoping not to shop again until the weekend before Christmas. Famous last words so we'll see...

PPXXX
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Solstice_3
    Options
    Been out today, had to get more than expected but went to Greengrocers for veg and think it was cheaper, not sure though :) Total spend £16.02. Had NSD yesterday and hoping for one tomorrow too!
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • nicolula87
    Options
    No grocery spends since Friday so that's good as a lot was spent last week! My month is til the 25th so 3 weeks to go with a good amount of money left. Next couple of weeks will be difficult as getting a new kitchen fitted, so going to have to buy and cook lots of food this weekend ready for next week, and prob will end up with microwave meals a few days which might up the spending. Oh well, we are angling for invites to various family members for dinner over the next couple of weeks! Hopefully will all be finished before Christmas, with Christmas dinner to cook for 8!
    Kitchen Debt - 2820/260
    Save £12k in 2013 #060: 1293.24/3000
    MFW: 88760.00/85000.00 (4.24% paid)
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    £45 spent in T's today, I don't even know how, it was all bits and bobs we needed but all so expensive!
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I spent £105 in a&da today :eek: but only £24 of if it was on food - the rest xmas gifts, xmas cards and clothing for the OH (I'll get the money back for this).

Got pizzas for tea then seen that the curry I have in my fridge from m&$ needs to be used by today (chicken korma). do you think it will be ok if I eat it tomorrow or should I freeze it ???
  • mildredalien
    mildredalien Posts: 1,057 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    £3 spent today on tea and coffee contributions for work, nothing yesterday and hopefully nothing tomorrow either!
    Savings target: £25000/£25000
    :beer: :T

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,880 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Budgets done to here :)

Worked today so NSD. Head still full of cold, and have just cobbled together spag bol for tea - no mushrooms unfortunately which delighted the children :rotfl:

Must do a meal plan for the rest of the week. Definitely need some veg so will pop to Tosco tomorrow as I've a day off :j

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure