Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route

Options

Comments

• donkids22
    donkids22 Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Loving your diary and your positive attitude. I agree children grow up too fast and you just want to pause time for a little bit and enjoy it. Mine dd are 13 and 8.
    If you dream it can you do it????????
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Happy Easter to those celebrating :EasterBun

So DD and I went to bed at 10pm was just so tired. Back awake at 7.30... I hope this isn't going to continue through the holidays as I do appreciate a lie in :rotfl:.

Need to get dressed and go and collect DD2 in a hour. Will probably walk round since its not raining and we don't live that far away.

Thank you HHOD and DK, totally agree DK you have to enjoy them whilst they're little.

So I've done the meter readings this morning and now £34 in credit. Weve used about the same amount as last year and it has been colder so not too bad. Really looking forward to the weather warming up a bit though.

I think I will set my NSD for April at 10 with it being the holidays. Previous months I've smashed it so fingers crossed for April too!
    Jan - 12/12
    Feb - 9/8
    Mar - 14/10
    Not planning on spending a penny today so should be NSD1.

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done on being in credit with your meter. I need to build up my resolve to read our meter, I've got a horrible feeling we're going to be in debit :eek:.

Have a great day and Happy Easter :EasterBun
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Easter MTG hope you've had a relaxing time
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    For one day only we are on level pegging with the NSDs :)

After reading our meters we're in debit :( despite having a new boiler. However, less in debit than this time last year and the house is so much warmer.

Hope you're having a fantastic Easter xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Hope everyones enjoying their bank holiday Monday. Were not up to much today, decision made clear by the fact that weve had more snow!!! Ive not moved off the settee all day, been catching up with some recorded programmes and I've ordered DH to cook tea :rotfl:.

We haven't much milk left but enough for us to get by and if we run out we will have toast for breakfast!! Determined to make today NSD2 :beer:.

Tomorrow will be a spend day anyway as we need to post DD's bus pass so will get milk then.

Food:
    Breakfast - porridge with nutella and banana (also started adding seeds too)
    Lunch - grapes, strawberries, actimel and crackers
    Tea - sausage, egg, chips and beans

Positives:
    * ordered a friend a card using money prepaid onto account and also found a discount code
    * feeling relaxed :D
    * did a survey and made 48p

HHOD, Louby and SA thanks for your messages. I reckon most people are the same with their meter readings this year given how cold its been. I just refuse to be cold so could never just add another layer ha! If we were sat round in t-shirts this might change.

Think thats about all. Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect bank holiday Monday mummy, enjoy having tea cooked for you. xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Morning Diary,

Happy Tuesday :D

A day of pottering is in order here! Just balanced off the accounts which are all in order for now!
    The DD's have some homework to do and weve scheduled in 10.30 to do that.
    Also need to pop out to the post office to post DDs bus pass application and we need milk.

Food:
    Breakfast - usual with seeds now ha!
    Lunch - beans on toast or similar
    Tea - pastys and peas
    Gym - spinning

Weve got a busy week from now so going to take today to get up to date with the ironing and have a quick tidy round.

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

All up to date over here :D and just waiting for go to the gym for my spinning class. All the tidying, washing and ironing has been done. Just need to nip to the garage to bring our bedding in.

We somehow managed to dodge the down pours for a 30 minute tour of the village! £2.20 spent in the coop on milk and 67p on a stamp for DD's bus pass. No more spends to be had today.

Lunch was leftover chicken salad sandwich, half an orange and half an apple.

Over and out for today xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

A very chilled out Wednesday so far, all we have really done is feed ourselves!!! We have busy days for the next 3 so this is welcomed by me and the girls. Given this today will be NSD3 of 10 :D. The next 3 will be spend days though :cool:

Have earned over £1 on the surveys this morning :money:

DH said he had noticed an oil patch on the drive where my car sits last night. Weve checked everything and we couldn't find anything and its got plenty of oil in. Will monitor it over the next couple of days. Its due a service at the end of April anyway so will mention it then it the oil in the tank remains the same. There is always something at the moment with the house or car.

Food:
    Breakfast - usual but had to use some of my easter egg since no chocolate spread :rotfl:
    Lunch - potato waffles, scrambled egg and beans
    Tea - chicken milanese, roast potatoes, carrots and broccoli

Think thats about all. Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills