Deposit Diary

nat21luv
nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
edited 12 August 2014 at 2:33PM in How much have you saved?
I dont really expect anyone to read this or any future posts. Its more of a way of keeping myself accountable of savings/spending but if you fancy keeping me company on my journey then I wont say no :)

A little about me;

Single, 28, 2 children, self employed (but due to start paid employment end Sept) living in a private rented house in South West, studying part time, suffer from anxiety, Im vegan and a wannabe homeowner :D

Ive been saving for about 18months and dont have much to show for it, I took a long haul holiday and hired a solicitor which drained my savings a bit.

Currently have £6157 as of today. As a FTB im probably looking for around £40k deposit. Gulp.
£20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**

Comments

• nat21luv
    £6157

I paid for DS' private tuition today, an eyewatering £260 for a weeks intensive course for him to practice test conditions. He has been told he will pass his 11+ with flying colours but I know my boy and I know time management is not his forte! Its an investment into his future and he can look after his Mama when Im old :D

Because of this hefty expenditure, I have been doing my frugal bit; 10 bags of red onions (bought with the last Morries £5 off fruit and veg coupon) have been chopped up and turned into red onion chutney. I've put it all in jars and away in the utility room. I'll use some for Xmas food hampers for the neighbours when its matured :)
    Also, I peeled, boiled, mashed, bagged and froze a HUGE bag of potatoes so thats 10 meals each for the 3 of us. :)

If that wasnt enough, I popped to Asda for a spot of glitching and recycled a £9.xx APG. Ive just put the receipt deets into the APG checker and Ive got another £9odd one back :D Ill rinse and repeat tomo after Ive dropped the boy off.

I'll do the financials tomorrow as Ive run out of time tonight, I need my beauty sleep :D
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • nat21luv
    edited 12 August 2014 at 3:06PM
    £6258.56

TT 82p :)

2x £9.24 APG's used today and thats generated two more APG's- £9.36 and £8.30. Killed a few APG's that I gained by wombling, £2.38 and bought some kitchen roll and kitchen spray for free :)

Found a 4p item in T£sco and lots of 1p chocolates so Ill get the 4p item on ebay later tonight- should fetch £6-8ish. Some of the items bought with the APG's are destined for ebay too so I'll try my luck with a few.

Ive done the financials for the month and its a close shave, only £100 to the savings pot :( Next month shold be better as the kids are both at school so petrol, food and tuition are decreased. Ill try and increase the ebay sales and surveys ect to put a bit more away.

Car is due MOT, tax and insurance next month and if all goes well, I have enough put by in my Car account for it all to be covered. My insurance has reduced to £260-280 this year and tax is still £20 :) Praying the MOT will be a simple £30 too! :D I want about £400 in the account though incase something goes wrong, im at £346.54 so Ill keep adding odds and sods thoughout the month to get it to total.
  • nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    You are doing very well as a single mum. :)
  • nat21luv
    Thank you :)

It took for me to hit rock bottom to realise I couldnt continue like it anymore and change. It was just me and my son and I had nothing, a few pennys in a jar, no credit for electric, no food and it was the middle of winter. I had nothing to give my 5yr old son for breakfast before school but mouldy bread, so I picked off the mould and reluctantly gave it to him. That was one of the worst days of my life. The only saving grace is that he had school dinners.

I dropped him off at school and walked around the town until it was time to collect him, looking for work. Determined to not go home until I found something, I went into every shop, bar, office, fast food chain asking for a job....and I got lucky- a restaurant needed immediate staff so I started the very next day. I earnt £9.50 in tips in one day so put £5 on the electric key and bought bread, jam and reduced oranges so my boy could have toast and a snack for school and that night for the first time in a long time, we were fed, warm and happy.

Fast forward 5 years and now I look after my finances. I was never in debt, I just couldnt find work and that spiraled. So I dont have unnecessary things, I dont have Sky, I dont have finance, no debt, earn extra via surveys/glitches and I shop cheap and cook frugally...because theres 3 of us now ;)
  • nat21luv
    edited 13 August 2014 at 10:57PM
    £6286.13

TT 57p

Reused APG's again, £9.36 and £8.30. The items im buying will go in my xmas cupboard as its mainly hair products so will be great for hampers :) It generates another APG of the same size so the products are pennies.

£27 refund requested from May has finally been approved and duly moved to the savings account.

£3 coupons used for cat food.

Managed to secure a place on a 3 month long survey that will pay me £1 for every greetings card i buy :D Im making a list of all the cards I need for the year and see if I can get them cheap...then get paid £1 for every one! Ill have a search for really cheap reduced cards, say easter ones, and see if I can make a profit on them :D
  • nat21luv
    edited 14 August 2014 at 6:13PM
    £6325.17

Used another APG of £9.27 this morning, I had another to use but the store had run out of the specific items needed!

£2 cat food coupon used

My 4p item found in T0sco a few days ago has just sold on ebay for a profit of £7.04. Im not complaining! Withdrawn from paypal and moved to savings account. Think I'll try and get some more stuff on there later.

If the weather stays ok this weekend then I'll do a car boot sale, I have lots of stuff that would make a better profit there rather than ebay.

Just had an invite for a p!necone survey so Ill do that and also a consumer pulse questionnaire. Ive been slacking on that front and Im missing my Next vouchers!

£9.27 x2 APG used but it'll generate a smaller apg as the right products werent available.

21p roadkill found in the park whilst the kids were playing

£3 p!necone payment redeemed, waiting for paypal payment.
  • nat21luv
    edited 15 August 2014 at 3:39PM
    £6339.25

£3 p!necone payment moved to the car fund

Lots of ebay lotts added last night and a nice sale this morning giving me £6.55 and £7.55 profit. Moved to savings account.

Think I'll clear out one side(!) of my wardrobe later and list it on ebay, I have so much stuff from glitches that were pennies or free and its all new with tags. I wont wear it because

a) Im too fat
    b) Im too old
    c) Its too 'rad'- Ill look like im trying to be fashionable!
  • nat21luv
    edited 16 August 2014 at 4:50PM
    £6349.08

TT 74p :)

£9.09 winnings from bingo transfered to savings account.

A couple of watchers on ebay but no bites.

My printer is playing up, its saying theres something wrong with the cartridges but they seen fine. The ink was *just* starting to fade but the black was fine. Hmm, if I cant get it started then I think Ill look around for another- the current one was free and about 12 years old!

Defrosted the freezer and chopped up the mountain of veg from the fridge. Its all nestled in the freezer now so now I need to clean out the spare fridge and turn it off.

Had a vist from mother who suggested I take my sister away for a few days as shes not doing too well after separating from her partner. More money :(
  • nat21luv
    edited 17 August 2014 at 10:53PM
    £6355.63

£6.55 + £3.55 ebay sale this morning. Ive added another 5 items and hope to add more throughout the day.

Today I was planning to do a car boot sale but I just dont have the energy. Im doing another one next week with a friend so the positive is that im not shelling out for 2 pitch fees. Im pretty sure that I would have sold a lot today so next week would have been smaller takings with a large pitch fee! EDIT; Its been raining heavy so I dont feel so bad now!

Spending the day meal planning for the next two weeks, assessing finances, sweeping the garden, cleaning out and turning off second fridge, listing craft supplies on ebay, washing....wow, Im exhausted just reading it! :)

Meal planned and bought shopping for the week- I had £30.19 online APG that needed to be used so I bought store cupboard items (6x6 toilet rolls, 10x tin toms, 14x SPrice squash ect) for a teeny tiny 6p!!!! £1 was added for delivery tomorrow night. Very happy with that :)
  • nyc_451
    nyc_451 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hey nat21luv, what's APG?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business