Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    10/24 AFDs today
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all, not an AFD for me, I had two drinks at lunchtime and one when I got home. I enjoyed them, but it did stop me exercising when I got home, which I wanted to do, because I felt a bit woozy still. Anyway, that's definitely it for non-AFDs for August - hopefully the next one will be in September.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • loveasale
    loveasale Posts: 620 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all , again so sorry for not checking in as much ,,work is crash for me ,
    Had a few days away and my birthday !
    That said I’m pleased ,,,and slightly shocked to announce ,,,,,,8 TF
    :money: I will never be rich but I'm happy :rotfl:
  • marahouti
    marahouti Posts: 1,580 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    18/22 please Shaggy. X
  • wilson1973
    wilson1973 Posts: 420 Forumite
    edited 22 August 2019 at 8:18PM
    Options
    Just wanted to welcome wilson1973 and 3Catssooz to the thread.

wilson1973 if you don’t mind me asking, did you just stop drinking - fullstop - one day and have never gone back to it since? I know that works for some people. Or did you have to build up to it over a period of time? Just wondered how you managed to go from being (hope you don’t mind me using your words here) a heavy, problem drinker to the person who hasn’t drunk for over 2 years.

3Catssooz what you are describing sounds like the rituals and routines many of us build around drinking. It can be very easy to get into that mindset of a reward at the end of a long day or a tough week at work, but very quickly the routine itself becomes the justification; “It’s Friday night so of course I’m going to have a drink” sort of thing. I don’t have any answers other than to say I have found posting on this thread really helpful and surprisingly effective as a motivation, it really matters for some reason being able to come on and post up a good total or a target reached, and some of the posts are an inspiration. Of course, there’s no way of knowing if the totals people put up are genuine, but somehow I just feel that they are if that makes sense?

Anyway I’m up to 15/31 for this month and looking forward to another AF weekend. Good luck to everyone aiming to cut down or cut back however modest or grand their aims might be.

Your liver can regenerate itself unless you get chirrosis and I'm hoping mine is in a lot better order now,I can think clearly and it's the nicest thing in the world to go to sleep just because of natural tiredness and wake up refreshed,a drunken sleep isn't a restorative sleep.
    I wish everyone the best,you're a lot more able than you think you are to give up alcohol,you will find your own way and it will surprise you,I promise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the post Wilson . I'm glad you were able to change your habits for your mum but especially for yourself. We all know it's not easy. :)

Beautiful day here but it's not going to encourage me to drink. It's too easy to find an excuse. :(

15/10 AFDs please Shaggy
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    12/12 for today please Shaggy
  • cathybird
    Options
    Afternoon all, 18/21 for me today please. :)
  • wilson1973
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Thanks for the post Wilson . I'm glad you were able to change your habits for your mum but especially for yourself. We all know it's not easy. :)

Beautiful day here but it's not going to encourage me to drink. It's too easy to find an excuse. :(

15/10 AFDs please Shaggy
    Ahh thanks,they are nice words,it's nice and sunny here,make the most of it,I hope everything falls into place for you
  • cathybird
    Options
    hey well done sukeyboo on reaching target and maman you are hitting it out of the ball park!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport