Switching from BT for cheaper deal

Options
124»

Comments

• JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We pay for our landline in advance, then £10 a month for Superfast broadband and evening and weekend calls. If your overall cost is more than £30, you’re paying far too much.
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £325 of £366
  • PMW
    PMW Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JGB1955 wrote: »
    We pay for our landline in advance, then £10 a month for Superfast broadband and evening and weekend calls. If your overall cost is more than £30, you’re paying far too much.

Who is that with please?

(Can't believe I've been overpaying by so much for *years*!)
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    From March bt sky and talktalk will permit existing customers to get new customer prices.

So if they don’t offer you a good deal, don’t change anything ( you don’t want to be locked in at a bad price for 12 months)
    See what they do in March.
  • PMW
    PMW Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    From March bt sky and talktalk will permit existing customers to get new customer prices.

So if they don’t offer you a good deal, don’t change anything ( you don’t want to be locked in at a bad price for 12 months)

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that at all, but just seen it in writing. It is such a palaver to have to keep moving around all the time. Much more complicated than fuel company switching, so that will be a very good thing.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »

B.T's new contract will most likely be 24 months.
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Originally posted by JGB1955
    ”Who is that with please?

(Can't believe I've been overpaying by so much for *years*!)

We're with BT...
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £325 of £366
  • KathysBoy
    KathysBoy Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I’m with BT. When it was due for renewal this time last year, I called them and they quoted £28.99 inc line rental for 18 months. I said I was leaving because I could get Sky for £20.99, so she offered me £20.99. This was for normal broadband (17mb) as this was all that was available at my address. About 2 months later I moved house and at the new property Superfast Fibre (47mb) was available which they gave me at the same price for renewing for 18 months.

I’ve just checked my latest offer, which Superfast Fibre 2, for an extra £2 a month, with contract renewal for 24 months. I think this is a pretty good deal. Added bonus is that I have BT SIM card, so I get an extra £5 off.
  • Shoreheat
    Options
    Have just signed up for switch to current VM deal ending this Week. (100mbs upload speed for £25 per month on a 12 month contract including phone line with introductory £75 credit. I went through the sign up process online but didn’t click to purchase as I needed to check something with BT. VM called me to ask if I would be switching and I said that as I had a number of months left on current BT contract and would have around £100 in early Exit fees to pay I wasn’t going to switch. VM offered to give me an additional £100 credit to cover the early Exit fees, so I have signed up. Got the commitment to the extra £100 in writing that was on top of the £75 credit. Just awaiting installation now!
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have recently been quoted £41.99 for superfast broadband, tv and bt sport which is quite a lot more than I paid when I last renewed (£33.99) and BT won't budge. Perhaps a call to their cancellation line may help? Is that really the best deal these days? The account is in my wife's name and I tried to set up a new one in my name through Quidco but because we already have a line it automatically links to our account so cannot become a new customer - that was my plan to get a cheaper rate!

Any advice appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport