PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Chain about to collapse

Options

Comments

• ncfcfan
    ncfcfan Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    No, the incentive was dependent on completing in September right from the moment it was agreed.

You didn't complete in September.

We didn't meet their deadline. (Not our fault I hasten to add, and not something we have total control over). They didn't meet our requirement of £5k off the total cost of the house, to make up for the reduced price on our own house.
    Ah, of course... I don't agree with you, therefore I must be ONE OF THEM.

No denying it then.
    <sigh>
    I bet they're really quite happy in the office this morning, and looking forward to selling to somebody who won't blame them for everything from the weather onwards.

I doubt it. They've been trying to sell it since January - I doubt they'll sell it this side of January. My heart breaks, it truly does. Especially knowing they're having to shell out on additional estate agent fees.

I'll be keeping a close eye on it, for sure.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ncfcfan wrote: »
    We didn't meet their deadline.
    Exactly.
    (Not our fault I hasten to add, and not something we have total control over).
    Welcome to buying in a chain.
    They didn't meet our requirement of £5k off the total cost of the house, to make up for the reduced price on our own house.
    Oh, but they would have.

If only you'd met your end of the agreement you shook hands and undoubtedly signed paperwork on.
  • ncfcfan
    Options
    ...and they didn't inform of us of this decision until yesterday, when we were about to exchange. Then gave us another unreachable deadline with half the money. Seems fair.
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

We only agreed to the purchase providing we could have the £5k incentive, regardless of their restrictions.
    Did you tell them that though? Only it sounds like the restrictions are exactly what you agreed to :think:
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's all left a bit of a sour taste. I wouldn't be opposed to walking away at this point.

Struggling to what the developer has done wrong. If your buyer isn't in a position to exchange. The developer hasn't caused a delay to the process.
  • ncfcfan
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Did you tell them that though? Only it sounds like the restrictions are exactly what you agreed to :think:

Yes I told them as much.

We didn't 'agree' to any restrictions as such. They just said the incentive was there for a September completion.
  • ncfcfan
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Struggling to what the developer has done wrong. If your buyer isn't in a position to exchange. The developer hasn't caused a delay to the process.

Seems silly to put a time restriction on a process like this then. Their fault.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We didn't 'agree' to any restrictions as such. They just said the incentive was there for a September completion.
    eb3d921db89f5e606074e69f8b3e2270.jpeg
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yes I told them as much.

Isn't that a bit contradictory?
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • ncfcfan
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Isn't that a bit contradictory?

How so?

I said we'd do our best to meet that deadline, but ultimately it's out of our hands. There wasn't an agreement in place, where I signed etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure