Cutting Down Alcohol Thread

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Funny, but already I can see that I feel like a glass wine when I am bored or have time on my hands. It seems my brain combines the words relax and wine. I also had some YS beef and my brain said how much nicer it would be with a glass of red wine. Possibly true but not having it.

I can also see that having 3 bottles of wine visible in my dining room acts as a trigger so putting them out of view.

Hope you are all having a nice sunday. Off to make a cup of tea :)

5/15 for me please Baileys.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Itisme_2
    Itisme_2 Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    9/10 for today please.
  • Paspatur
    Paspatur Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    18/31 for tonight please Baileys
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Good morning all.

15/23 please

1x out with friend
    1x 1 in pub
    1x 1at home
    1x out with other friend.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    11 please Baileys
    Arkers x
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 17/21 for me today please.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Funny, but already I can see that I feel like a glass wine when I am bored or have time on my hands. It seems my brain combines the words relax and wine. I also had some YS beef and my brain said how much nicer it would be with a glass of red wine. Possibly true but not having it.

I can also see that having 3 bottles of wine visible in my dining room acts as a trigger so putting them out of view.

Doingitanyway that is very true about equating relaxing with having a glass of wine in the hand and the TV does not help in that it reinforces that equation - everyone on TV dramas seems to drink absolutely loads all the time. I sometimes think it would probably help to cut down on TV at the same time as cutting down on alcohol, but it's hard to do everything at once.

Re steak, I've had it with and without red wine on successive nights, and noticed I enjoyed it just as much without, which was a surprise to me at the time, as I would also have thought it was nicer with. I've kept reminding myself of that ever since. Also, I've got wine and other alcohol at home but keep it out of view - it really helps, I think - in fact it's a bit of an effort to dig it out as it is behind some other stuff, I've basically harnessed my untidiness to help with my health kick :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Glenda
    Glenda Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm a first time poster on this thread and feel like I need help. I'm starting to lose the plot and control of my life. Wine is my drink...I drink about four bottles a week at home and when I go out which is maybe three times a month I just don't know when to stop. I'm 3 days drink free post hangover. I have had injuries, blackouts and the shame and self loathing is all consuming.
    Also the sentence starting to lose the plot is inaccurate I think I lost control years ago but never did anything about it.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Welcome Glenda. This is a great place to be.
    Have you got a target/aim for rest of month and Bailies can add you to the list- or alternatively you can go Target Free. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome Glenda :hello:

We are a mixture of 'cutters down' & 'givers up' on here so whichever way you choose to go there is lots of support.

9/14 for today please Baileys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport