Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • KaranD9
    • By KaranD9 19th May 19, 12:29 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    KaranD9
    Long time virgin media customer
    • 19th May 19, 12:29 PM
    Long time virgin media customer 19th May 19 at 12:29 PM
    Hi all,

I am currently a Virgin media customer in London, Paying 46 a month for 213 mbps and weekend talk. I have experienced many problems with the internet connection, both wired and wireless, over the last 12 months. I have called about 10-15 times over this duration. They were not willing to cut my bill or anything. They were willing to let me go, I was transferred to the cancellation department without hesitation...
    No other Company provides fast internet at a good price. I am halfway into my contract meaning I would have to pay a hefty fee to cancel.

As a new customer you can get 213mbps for 34 for 12 months and 364mbps for 39.

Thanks

Edit:

Possibly cancelling and getting a new cheaper contract. not exactly sure.

Have alot of devices connected, so having better speed is required

Last edited by KaranD9; 19-05-2019 at 1:02 PM. Reason: update
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 19th May 19, 12:32 PM
    • 35,035 Posts
    • 41,122 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 19th May 19, 12:32 PM
    • 19th May 19, 12:32 PM
    A contract is a contract , they were willing to let you break it

You don't "need" 213 mb or faster broadband , fibre broadband is fine for 99.9% of day to day things like gaming and streaming TV.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 19th May 19, 12:34 PM
    • 4,134 Posts
    • 2,385 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 19th May 19, 12:34 PM
    • 19th May 19, 12:34 PM
    I'm confused by your inclusion of new customer prices, are you looking to leave or just lower the price for a service that you say is not worth staying with?
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 19th May 19, 1:08 PM
    • 12,541 Posts
    • 5,651 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 19th May 19, 1:08 PM
    • 19th May 19, 1:08 PM
    Its looks like multiple complaints.

new users get cheaper .

Wireless problems ( usually nothing to do with the ISP )

Internet connection problems ( not described nor what VM have said regarding them )

OP cancel and pay the contract off get a cheaper service . But first price up other services speed for your location .
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 19th May 19, 2:47 PM
    • 3,811 Posts
    • 1,120 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 19th May 19, 2:47 PM
    • 19th May 19, 2:47 PM
    no point you paying to leave them is there!

wait until the minimum term ends or they put the price up (leave within 30days usually).

in the mean time keep complaining when you have an issue
    • informer365
    • By informer365 19th May 19, 5:57 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    informer365
    • 19th May 19, 5:57 PM
    • 19th May 19, 5:57 PM
    My parents moved into a new build estate. No other provider has fibre broadband in the area. Move on 5 years went to complain about how new customers are paying half what we were.

They offered minimal discount.

Tried every trick in the book, asking for phone PAC code etc etc, downgrading (price went up!)

But they wouldnt shift on price. They said 'You got your new customer deal when you joined with us'

Tragic
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 19th May 19, 8:34 PM
    • 23,808 Posts
    • 13,163 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 19th May 19, 8:34 PM
    • 19th May 19, 8:34 PM
    Tragic
    Originally posted by informer365
    To be fair, you did get a new customer deal when you were a new customer ..
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 20th May 19, 12:16 PM
    • 4,706 Posts
    • 3,071 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 20th May 19, 12:16 PM
    • 20th May 19, 12:16 PM
    You won't be able to cancel and then rejoin at the cheaper price - you'll be classed as a returning customer not a new customer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

29Posts Today

4,382Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Snap post #BBCOurNextPM poll: Who do you think did best. (I had to have two in one category, so I picked randoml? https://t.co/gYTNBBn3SP

• Emily Maitliss being v mean to Boris using his own past quotes against him on Heathrow, having an election when lea? https://t.co/4baNAlmMid

• Wow - impressive performance from the 15 year old climate change activist. Not sure I'd have had such confidence when still at school.

• Follow Martin