Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It is much colder today.
    I have been forced to put the heating :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Sunshine_girl2 Posts: 2,730 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to have been absent for so long Beanie. Lovely to hear you had a windfall , sorry to hear you had a tumble. Your cats are well looked after , I have never known anyone have a 19yr old cat . Hope your chin is slightly better today.

Mobility scooters , what a great idea Beanie it will give you an alternative source of transport from your car. The man who lives a couple of doors from me leased his first scooter to see how he got on with it first . Then he got a secondhand one bought from a selling site. He keeps it in the front of his place in a protective cover and charges it through his window as it doesn't go in his front door. I know he has some insurance on it as well. It's an all terrain one I asked him about it today , he can go on the road in it and it does 8mph . Hope you get one soon . Stay warm Beanie.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• beanielou
    Options
    Sorry to have been absent for so long Beanie. Lovely to hear you had a windfall , sorry to hear you had a tumble. Your cats are well looked after , I have never known anyone have a 19yr old cat . Hope your chin is slightly better today.

Mobility scooters , what a great idea Beanie it will give you an alternative source of transport from your car. The man who lives a couple of doors from me leased his first scooter to see how he got on with it first . Then he got a secondhand one bought from a selling site. He keeps it in the front of his place in a protective cover and charges it through his window as it doesn't go in his front door. I know he has some insurance on it as well. It's an all terrain one I asked him about it today , he can go on the road in it and it does 8mph . Hope you get one soon . Stay warm Beanie.

Good to see you :wave:
    I lease my car & you cannot lease a scooter too using your benefit.
    I will buy second hand for now & see how I get on.

I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    It is much colder today.
    I have been forced to put the heating :eek:

Heating on here too - blimming freezing. 'Ne'er cast a clout' and all that - I cast one as it was so warm but its back on again :eek:
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    The problem with my chin is part of the scabby bit is right on a crease line & it keeps cracking open open.
    But certainly it is getting better :)

Thank you x

Ooh that sounds ouchy, hope it heals soon x
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope your chin heals soon Beanie and that you are doing something nice this weekend. I’ve been blitzing my living room and I’ve really quite enjoyed myself - how SAD is that :p:o:rotfl: I know how to live the high life....

My SW lady tells us to to write or just think a kind thing about ourselves (just imagine you’re saying it about a friend/family member)every day. At first I just thought what a load of (insert own rude word) but I’ve been doing it for a while now and it actually seems to make a difference to my thinking.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Hope your chin heals soon Beanie and that you are doing something nice this weekend. I’ve been blitzing my living room and I’ve really quite enjoyed myself - how SAD is that :p:o:rotfl: I know how to live the high life....

My SW lady tells us to to write or just think a kind thing about ourselves (just imagine you’re saying it about a friend/family member)every day. At first I just thought what a load of (insert own rude word) but I’ve been doing it for a while now and it actually seems to make a difference to my thinking.
    I might try that. :think:

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We tend to 'groove' the same neural pathways. So if we were told things, particularly in childhood when we are neurologically more plastic, we tend to internalise and repeat. I think it's designed for seeing sabre toothed tigers and the like, not being called stupid or useless.

Thinking positively and repeating positive messages works new neurological pathways and diminishes the bad ones.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Beanie :) Hope you're having a good day in all respects. I think you should get a hand mirror and take a few minutes each day to look into it while chanting, Beanie, you are strong, kind, caring, helpful, supportive and anything else you can think of that comes to mind :) xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't feel guilty about getting the scooter if it makes your life easier. Mr SA was a bit iffy about getting one at first but at least it makes the difference between him sitting in the house all day and getting out and about locally. He's not allowed to drive because of his brain damage and he'd just be stuck in without it. Once you've got it you won't know how you ever managed without it. Just don't run anyone over :rotfl:
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure