Bosch or Samsung washing machine?

Options
13»

Comments

• Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All dryers should have the main filter cleaned after every use.

Water drawer should be emptied or plumbed in or if space external tank if you want to use the water.

Condensers do have secondary filters that need cleaning.

Heat pump are better they don't catch fire.

It's a heat pump condenser dryer and the main filter in the drum is cleaned after every load. I also empty the water drawer after every load too. My issue is with the secondary filter that seems to need cleaning after every 2-3 loads of drying, as the 'filter cleaning' light comes on. This involves getting down on the floor, getting a knife to unhook the latch on the door, taking the filter out and vacuuming that, rinsing off the foam filter, and getting a (clean, unused) paintbrush out to get the fluff off the grille at the back of the filter drawer, and then vacuuming any excess fluff out of the drawer before putting the filter back in a specific order so that the 'filter cleaning' light goes off. I fully expected to have to clean the filters out regularly but having to do all of this most weeks seems a little … excessive.
  • Grumpysally
    Options
    I have a Samsung Ecobubble. Major factor against it is the annoying tune it plays when the cycle is finished.

I loved the tune, ( I even sent a video of it to close friends and family ) but it drove everyone else in the house mad,:eek: so eventually I took pity on them and turned it off.

I like my Samsung machine. The Bosch we had previously failed outside the warranty and was too expensive to repair, very annoying.
    My only complaint so far is that it was listed as having 15 minute quick wash cycle. But in reality it's only 15 minutes with a cold wash and a very slow spin.
  • kwalidee
    Options
    Late addition to this post buy bay be helpful...

I have the Samsung Ecobubble, also from AO with 5 Yr warranty.
    Slightly suspicious that mainboard blew just weeks after 2 years (standard warranty period).
    Now, just after the 5 years' of the warranty, I have an engineer here as the element has rusted out. Motor is also suspect.
    Is this built-in obsolescence in action?

Samsung claim there's a 10 year warranty on the motor. But engineer tells be it's only a certain type of motor covered and that it will require control gear not covered, so the motor 'Warranty' is a moot point really and just for feelgood factor.

Unsurprisingly, the engineer says he has Bosch machine at home. My Mum's Bosch is still going after 20 yrs.
    But all recent models are made to a price rather than a standard, it seems.

• Wanderingpomm
    Options
    Addwash, it’s the best!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family