Bosch or Samsung washing machine?

Options
I'm looking to buy a new washing machine for my mum, as her current one has almost given up the ghost.

I've narrowed it down between the Bosch WAN28201GB (Which? Best Buy score of 76%) £379 and a 2-year warranty from John Lewis, or the Samsung AddWash Ecobubble WW80K5413UW (Which? Best Buy score of 80%) £399 and a 5-year warranty from AO.com.

The Samsung scored well for washing but fell down slightly when it came to rinsing, although the 5-year warranty is slightly swaying it for me.

Would be grateful for any advice or people's experiences.

Comments

• busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spin efficiency was important to me as we will be using a dryer more often so I went with a Samsung (90J5456). 44% water after spinning. Bosch spin is rated B.
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    busybee100 wrote: »
    Spin efficiency was important to me as we will be using a dryer more often so I went with a Samsung (90J5456). 44% water after spinning. Bosch spin is rated B.

Good point, I didn't think of that!
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,553 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We bought a Bosch WAW28560GB about a year ago.

Pleased with it- very quiet but the spin is not as efficient as the 12 year old Bosch that it replaced (a Logixx something or other), even though the spin speed matched. Curious.

Life's like that - you look for a more modern version of a make you like (Bosch in my case) and you check for all the 'important' stuff, particularly noise levels and you assume that a similar spin speed will give as good spinning performance. Not so in this case.

Do a lot of looking at reviews, is my advice and ask questions of users if you can.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They will both wash, rinse & spin fine. The 5 year warranty would do it for me, don't forget to register it.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    Warranty warranty warranty
  • egyptiancotton
    egyptiancotton Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 December 2018 at 2:58PM
    Options
    Thanks, all. Samsung it is. With the extended warranty, would it be better to register it in my name or my mother's name? The billing name and address would be different from the delivery name and address. I think you need to create a Samsung account to register the extended warranty. Would it matter whose name is on the order and for the delivery address?

Update: Spoke to Samsung and they were very helpful. They advised that it should be registered under my mum's name and address as that will be the owner and place where the appliance will be kept. They also sent proof of the chat as well. Very happy.
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    We have had a Samsung Ecobubble 8kg for over 4 years and my wife says it the best machine we have had in nearly 50 years of washing machines for cleaning the clothes. If you buy online from AO they will ring you or your mother to try to talk you into taking out extended cover.
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,452 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like the Samsung's gone up now to £429 at AO.
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    chrisw wrote: »
    Looks like the Samsung's gone up now to £429 at AO.

It's £399 at IdealKit and AO have agreed to match the price.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cranford wrote: »
    We have had a Samsung Ecobubble 8kg for over 4 years and my wife says it the best machine we have had in nearly 50 years of washing machines for cleaning the clothes. If you buy online from AO they will ring you or your mother to try to talk you into taking out extended cover.

would be dissapointed if things had not improved in 50 years:rotfl::rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback