Bosch or Samsung washing machine?

Options

Comments

• cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The same principles in washing machine design still seems to be the same as they were 50 years ago. There is still lumps of concrete in them, spin speed were 1200 50 years ago, the machines were just as reliable and lasted 10 years or more. The difference with the Samsung is the eco bubble system used to wash. How many other makes have this?
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I used to work for a washing machine company, they had all sorts of names for all sorts of special abilities their machines had. None of them meant anything in real life.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • egyptiancotton
    Options
    EssexExile wrote: »
    I used to work for a washing machine company, they had all sorts of names for all sorts of special abilities their machines had. None of them meant anything in real life.

A lot of Samsung's machines have been rated quite highly, been given Which? Best Buy awards and users rate the machines highly. Surely they must be doing something right?
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    lloydyyy wrote: »
    A lot of Samsung's machines have been rated quite highly, been given Which? Best Buy awards and users rate the machines highly. Surely they must be doing something right?
    I haven't looked at Which? for years because it is so unreliable. Many years ago they tested washing machines & gave a Hotpoint a high rating (I said it was a long time ago) & a Creda a terrible rating. Behind the badge they were the same machine.

Samsung are no worse & no better than many others.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    I have a Samsung Ecobubble. Major factor against it is the annoying tune it plays when the cycle is finished.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    But Samsung have made it easy to turn the tune off!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVwZni6FD_Y
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Love my 15 year old Miele!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    To get the eco ratings they use less water at lower temp than specified and to clean the clothes they have long cycles.

Most of the energy is heating water.

many people use the overrides to these washes to do them in normal time.

If you will be one of these make sure they have the overrides and compare the energy/water use for the cycles you will use.
    Some machines don't publish this information.

As has been said a key feature is residual moisture after a spin.

Spins speed has never been a reliable indicator of spin efficiency there are other factors like drum design and size.

that Bosch is 53% the Samsung 44%
    The Samusng is a lot more efficient for the 220 standard cycles

119kwh V 176kwh
    8100ltr V 9900tr.

to do that the Samsung takes 284mins the Bosch 200mins.
    (Some sources of this info have slightly different numbers)

I think key features are being able to override/adjust the temps on the cycles.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We had a Bosch but had to sell it when we moved - we never had a problem with it. We bought a Samsung Ecobubble when we moved into our house in 2014 and it's been replaced once due to the drum bearings failing, and had the drum replaced on the replacement due to the same issue. I personally won't buy another Samsung when this one goes, the wash is fine but the number of issues we've had have put me off. We bought a Samsung condenser dryer and I'm not keen on that either, it seems to need cleaning out after almost every use, which is a real faff of a job.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Callie22 wrote: »
    We had a Bosch but had to sell it when we moved - we never had a problem with it. We bought a Samsung Ecobubble when we moved into our house in 2014 and it's been replaced once due to the drum bearings failing, and had the drum replaced on the replacement due to the same issue. I personally won't buy another Samsung when this one goes, the wash is fine but the number of issues we've had have put me off. We bought a Samsung condenser dryer and I'm not keen on that either, it seems to need cleaning out after almost every use, which is a real faff of a job.

All dryers should have the main filter cleaned after every use.

Water drawer should be emptied or plumbed in or if space external tank if you want to use the water.

Condensers do have secondary filters that need cleaning.

Heat pump are better they don't catch fire.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback