PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pork Belly?

Options

Comments

• npsmama
    npsmama Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you can always collect the melted fat in the pan - voila your own 'homemade' lard.
    "Finish each day And be done with it.
    You have done what you could.
    Some blunders and Absurdities have crept in.
    Forget them as soon as you can."
  • bolton214
    bolton214 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    hi everyone
    can anyone tell me how to cook belly pork. can i just cook it in the oven.many thanks
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi bolton,

There's an earlier thread with lots of recipes for cooking pork belly that should help so I've added your thread to it to keep the suggestions together.

Pink
  • bolton214
    bolton214 Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    thanks pink-winged i think i will just roast it slowly in the oven and have it with veg and yorkshire puds.
  • dixie_dean_2
    dixie_dean_2 Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In the slow cooker does the sauce/gravy not get very fatty?
    And if, you know, your history...
  • Silaqui
    Silaqui Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And no, I'm not talking weightloss :rolleyes:

I've got some nice chunky strips of belly pork in the freezer that I picked up cheap from the butchers a while back.

I'll be wanting to use them up soon, but was fancying doing something different with them. I usually tend to just use it in a casserole, but I'm sure there must be other things to do with it!

Does anyone have any tried and tested recipes? I have a slow cooker, oven, hob, all the usual stuff!

Thanks xx
    Ths signature is out of date because I'm too lazy to update it... :o
  • Olliebeak
    Olliebeak Posts: 3,167 Forumite
    Options
    I never experiment with Belly Pork at all - just love it plainly grilled (under a medium grill) for about 10-12 minutes either side and served with buttery mashed potatoes and cabbage :drool:.
  • merlin1
    merlin1 Posts: 715 Forumite
    Options
    the best belly pork recipe i've followed and done time and time again, is marco pierre whites honey glazed with onion it is to die for!, i havent sussed the link thin yet but google and you shall find! ;)

just to add i didnt use the star anise and all that fancy stuff, just follow the basic recipe with honey and you'll be well away!
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mum always cooks it in the oven with chinese 5 spice powder which is easy and makes a nice change.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • chickaroonee
    chickaroonee Posts: 14,678 Forumite
    Options

too many comps..not enough time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business