IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS, course of action

Options
I've had a read of the sticky thread regarding tickets and see some very good advice but wondering if I could obtain some specific to my situation -

I've had a windscreen ticket from UKCPS, for parking without a valid permit, the thing is I did have a pay & display ticket, it had just fallen down the side of the dash without me noticing, I still have said ticket and the PPC, both with the same date (22nd Feb).

So i'm really after confirmation of my next course of action, I understand i'm to wait a month before sending an appeal, but only to do it via email/online, of which neither options are given on the UKCPS website, should I wait until the month then just recorded mail them a photocopy of the PPC and my ticket? And from what I've read it seems it'll be rejected anyway, so should I just let it go to court instead? A judge would surely see the charge as unjustified given clear evidence that I (or the driver as they should be referred to) did in fact pay for a ticket

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You have got the jist of things. Just check the PCN left on the windscreen as some parking scammers only give 21 days to appeal, not 28. Consequently you should send the IPC template from the NEWBIES thread a few days before the appeal deadline. So, this will be around day 18/19 or day 25/26 depending what the scammers say.
    Day zero is the date of the alleged event.

Use whatever method is given on the PCN to send the template. If postal is the only method allowed, or if there is no option online to select Keeper, then send first class from a Post Office counter and obtain a free proof of posting.

Online is the best option, but watch out for auto-fill drop down menus that auto select Driver, or drop down menus that only allow the driver to appeal. Never ever select Driver. If that is the only option, then only send by post.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    its 21 days for an IPC windscreen ticket, so anything you have read about "a month" is for BPA members only

and always appeal, judges may take a dim view of you ignoring it , you have to be seen to have tried to deal with it, even by querying it
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    its 21 days for an IPC windscreen ticket, so anything you have read about "a month" is for BPA members only

Some do allow 28 days, but most only allow 21. It's always best to err on the side of caution.
  • kevinbooth83
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, it does state 21 days on the ticket, which would've made the deadline yesterday, nothing I can do about that now, so I guess i'll print out & sign the template letter, tailoring it to my case with the reason it's not a valid charge, and post it in along with my evidence, i'll go special delivery just for my piece of mind tbh, presumably this will be rejected but i've made an effort to take action even if a couple of days late, and after that i'll see what happens, it seems far fetched that i'll end up in front of a judge but it doesn't particularly worry me given I have good evidence, what worries me more is having to do all this and if they'll start harrassing me

Thanks again
  • Redx
    Options
    do not send special delivery, nor send recorded delivery either

send using first class post , with a free certificate of posting from the P O Counter

and yes , appeal anyway

and yes they will "harrass" you , for up to 6 years , that is the nature of their business model (not parking per se)
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, it does state 21 days on the ticket, which would've made the deadline yesterday, nothing I can do about that now, so I guess i'll print out & sign the template letter, tailoring it to my case with the reason it's not a valid charge, and post it in along with my evidence, i'll go special delivery just for my piece of mind tbh, presumably this will be rejected but i've made an effort to take action even if a couple of days late, and after that i'll see what happens, it seems far fetched that i'll end up in front of a judge but it doesn't particularly worry me given I have good evidence, what worries me more is having to do all this and if they'll start harrassing me

Thanks again

Send it online tonight if you can, if not, send it by post tomorrow as Redx has said. You don't need to tailor anything, just copy and paste the template already written so that it doesn't give away the driver's details.
  • kevinbooth83
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    do not send special delivery, nor send recorded delivery either

send using first class post , with a free certificate of posting from the P O Counter

and yes , appeal anyway

and yes they will "harrass" you , for up to 6 years , that is the nature of their business model (not parking per se)

May I ask why you're so insistent I only use first class post? The reason behind me saying i'd send special delivery is so that they can't dispute it's arrival, is there something i'm missing?
  • kevinbooth83
    Options
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Send it online tonight if you can, if not, send it by post tomorrow as Redx has said. You don't need to tailor anything, just copy and paste the template already written so that it doesn't give away the driver's details.

I've tailored in the sense that i've added a sentence stating that my evidence that the driver paid is enclosed with the letter, nothing else changed :) and no the drivers identity isn't given away.

Just need to print it out and stick it in the post tomorrow now which i'll do on my lunch
  • Fruitcake
    Options
    May I ask why you're so insistent I only use first class post? The reason behind me saying i'd send special delivery is so that they can't dispute it's arrival, is there something i'm missing?

They can refuse to sign for it and thus have proof that it was never received.
  • Redx
    edited 16 March 2017 at 11:55PM
    Options

oh yes they can , they can refuse it , all you have proven after that is its failure to arrive

it is also one of many reasons that these companies use a P O BOX number, as a P O Box number cannot "sign" for packages , not signed for means undelivered

this topic has been discussed hundreds of times , its deemed in law to have "arrived" 2 days after proof of posting by standard first class post by Royal Mail, hence why none of the paperwork you have received (or receive in the future) is "signed for", they only have to prove it was sent in the post by getting the same proof of posting from R.M.

I accept you dont understand these legalities, but not understanding them does not negate them

you have asked for advice from people who know the topic, best that you accept that advice and dont try to be "clever" by doing something different

and DO NOT ALTER THE TEMPLATE , as you are likely to give away who the driver was by describing the circumstances on the day , save that for another day, like in a defence due to receiving an MCOL
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure