IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS, course of action

Options
13»

Comments

• kevinbooth83
    Options
    The NTK arrived today, i've had a read of the letter, now the notice to driver appeal period has lapsed I as the keeper can still write to them if I believe there to be exceptional circumstances as to why I should still be allowed to appeal outside the initial period, failing that it's the IAS, which from what i've read is a pointless exercise.

So tomorrow I shall post the template letter, along with the photos showing that a valid ticket had in fact been purchased by the driver, covering the period in which the purported offence occurred.

Assuming that is rejected and I elect not to bother with IAS, is court action (MCOL is the term right?) prompted by them the likely next step? Or will they be passing the debt on before that happens?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I would say its the DCA first, usually MIAH , then a possible MCOL within 6 years, although they only try it maybe less than 1000 per annum

so yes, IPC template and proof of payment etc, as keeper , without admitting who was driving

if using the royal mail, get a free cert of posting at the P O Counter (NOT recorded)
  • kevinbooth83
    Options
    Yes i'll be getting POP thanks, i'll seek advice before responding to any future letters.

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport