#Make Upto £10 a Day March 2018 #

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 7 March 2018 at 9:13AM
    Options
    Mike, can't tell you how sad I was to hear your news about your lovely cat. Set me off crying all over again as, you may know if you were a member of this thread last Autumn, we had to have our adored cat put to sleep in October. Your post brought it all back. The hurt and feeling of 'should I have....?' never goes away but it does get less with time.

I just can't advise, you must do what's right for you but more especially for your cat. Our lovely cat was hit by a vehicle of some sort, so unfair when you think this is a rural backwater with only occasional vehicles going by. His back legs and body were totally paralysed and how he'd managed to drag himself the long way home I'll never know. The vet told us that no surgery would cure the paralysis. Also, he was/would be incontinent forever. He also had internal injuries. He too was 9 years old and so full of life and fun. We just couldn't put him through living a paralysed life even if his other injuries could be operated on but we were distraught at the prospect of not having him around. Even at the end he was alert and 'interested' in all that was going on around him at the vet's. Even that little thing made the final decision so much harder to make.

At the end of the day it's what was best for him not us and we decided on the euthanasia. I do know though that had there been any reasonable hope of his recovery I'd have found the money for it somewhere. Problem though it was, it was somehow the least important aspect.

Don't beat yourself up about the pet insurance. I had it for years and the twice my cat needed treatment prior to his accident I was horrified that the Ts&Cs of the policy either didn't cover it at all or paid out a tiny amount once the compulsory policy excess was deducted:eek:. Also, I think you'll find that a lot of policies won't pay for existing conditions.

Sending hugs Mike. Not a decision I would wish on anyone. You seem like a lovely, caring guy and I know you'll do the right thing
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,390 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HI Mike, sorry to hear your news - we too have a cat and although I love her to bits - I wouldn't go into debt thousands of pounds for her. We do have pet insurance but as CBC said they wouldn't have paid out on a pre-existing condition anyway. Insurance doesn't even kick in for the first two weeks too....

Hugs.

Congrats to everyone on their moneymaking... I'm behind at the moment.

Can I count discounts I get from my DS working at a shop?
    Also when you swap suppliers - do you count one month of the saving or the whole year? I can't remember anymore...
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mike so sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • Milly-Ann-Molly
    Milly-Ann-Molly Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 7 March 2018 at 12:47PM
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    What a great birthday present. Have we missed our birthday !!!127874; happy birthday xx

Thanks :j My birthdays not until the 23rd but my dad wanted the item here earlier. I have been washing up by hand for months but the sink is tiny and i have no draining board. it has been quite amusing playing pots and plates jenga every night. I am looking forward to it getting delivered (snow delayed it)
    Make £/day March: £1490.85 / £310
    Quidco £3,143.16 NSD Mar:14
    2024 Road Kill £1
    March Sales of Excess £240.85
  • Milly-Ann-Molly
    edited 7 March 2018 at 1:56PM
    Options
    Sorry to read your sad news Mike. x

Well done everyone. I am inspired to do my book trade in now. Also to look into the websites for surveys! I have no work this week so ideal for me to catch up.

I am up to £267.07 for march so far.

That snow had me online buying junk we don't need. Plus it was all on the credit card... then i saw i owed nearly £150 more on it... so i cancelled all the orders and decided new curtains, cushions and other random tat was not required! all returned and refunds coming in (back to card) to prevent this again I have reduced the limit by a further £150 on our credit card.
    I have also removed the cc from paypal and amazon and won't be using it again. it is safely locked in a drawer... (I need to keep it for emergencies)

I saved £14.90 buy bulk buying my next 12 weeks at slimming world.
    (I am desperately trying to lose pounds in one way and gain pounds in my bank :rotfl:)

£3.17 bank interest

I'm going to use the next half hour packing books for the book site and then I will start gardening...planning to grow all our vegetables again this year... even going to reclaim another portion of lawn (the tatty bit that used to be a trampoline area) and it will become a huge potato patch ( if I ever get it dug over haha)

see you all again soon. GOOD LUCK everyone xx
    2024 Road Kill £1
  • Talia1
    Talia1 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tough decision to make Mike, but I'm sure you'll make the right decision for your cat.

Up to £27 so far this month, will keep plugging away.

PAD challenge 2024 £5363.54/£4180 to pay

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sorry to read your sad news Mike. x

Well done everyone. I am inspired to do my book trade in now. Also to look into the websites for surveys! I have no work this week so ideal for me to catch up.

I am up to £407.45 for march so far. Mostly made up of returning impulse buys! That snow had me online buying junk we don't need. all on the credit card... then i saw i owed nearly £150 more on it... so i cancelled all the orders and decided new curtains, cushions and other random tat was not required! all returned and refunds coming in (back to card) to prevent this again I have reduced the limit by a further £150 on our credit card.
    I have also removed the cc from paypal and amazon and won't be using it again. it is safely locked in a drawer... (I need to keep it for emergencies)

I saved £14.90 buy bulk buying my next 12 weeks at slimming world.
    (I am desperately trying to lose pounds in one way and gain pounds in my bank :rotfl:)

£3.17 bank interest

I'm going to use the next half hour packing books for the book site and then I will start gardening...planning to grow all our vegetables again this year... even going to reclaim another portion of lawn (the tatty bit that used to be a trampoline area) and it will become a huge potato patch ( if I ever get it dug over haha)

see you all again soon. GOOD LUCK everyone xx

Not altogether sure money you got back from returning impulse buys that you decided you don't want is considered as 'making money':think:. It's just a case of being back to where you were before you bought things you decided were a mistake. No expense but no gain either. Maybe Lynne or Aesop can put me right on that one.

Good luck with your books:beer:, I'm working my way through my hoard (well, as much as I can cope with in one go:o) today in the hope of finding something that WBB wants.
  • Milly-Ann-Molly
    edited 7 March 2018 at 2:01PM
    Options
    Not altogether sure money you got back from returning impulse buys that you decided you don't want is considered as 'making money':think:. It's just a case of being back to where you were before you bought things you decided were a mistake. No expense but no gain either. Maybe Lynne or Aesop can put me right on that one.

Good luck with your books:beer:, I'm working my way through my hoard (well, as much as I can cope with in one go:o) today in the hope of finding something that WBB wants.

OK I can take these off my total. Sadly there will be expense as paypal take 3-5 days to return funds so i think i will have fees on the cc.

I have removed the returns from my balance. I never add supermarket savings from reduced / offers / bogofs etc as its not actual money coming in. Just less spent. In future I will only add physical money coming in.

I have been sorting books and checking various sites...then selling to the highest offer... i have four parcels to go out and will confirm after I get the funds in paypal...(but it looks to be around £50 ish)
    2024 Road Kill £1
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ok i can take these off my total.

No, please don't do that yet as I'm not really sure what the 'rules' are:o. I just had a hunch that's all but please wait until Lynne or Aesop are on here next as they'll know exactly what to do.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey everyone

Love and hugs to all that need one (or even if you just want one, lol). Sorry to hear your sad news Mike, it's a tough decision.

Just a little update

£5 - RM Surveys

Keep up the great money-making.
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts