2019 Wedding

Options

Comments

• kdalwayskint
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you're keeping well x

I've had my results for the MRI scan and I've got a prolapse disc L1, so got to have 6 sessions of hydrotherapy and then start physiotherapy.

Not much movement in the wedding planning, although I have been able to put a bit of cash into my fund :)

We've talked about our vows in the past, we may write some, so I've been writing little bits down when I think of anything.

Catch you all soon x
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, how are you all getting on?

I think we're starting from scratch!

We went to a wedding fair at a hotel today, it wasn't a very big one but we were able to speak to a few suppliers which was good, a jeweller was very helpful and let me try some rings on, so I know what I like now. Disappointingly there didn't seem to be a representative of the hotel about!

We've both gone off the original venue, which is a shame as we had our engagement drinks there in 2010.

I think we'll be getting married at the registry office, but currently in discussion for the reception venue and I've contacted a couple of different places, so waiting to hear back from them.

H2B wants hog roast, I'd rather have afternoon tea but the most important thing to me is that we become husband and wife so I'm not overly fussed about the food!

Savings are coming on, I just need to see what I get in my pay packet next week as it's still getting back to normal after having so much time off work. I put a bit of cash to one side in case we struggled, I'm hoping I can move it to the wedding fund next week.

Right then, to do list:
    *Set the date
    *Book the venue

Catch you all soon x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi

We've been to look at the village hall where we live, it's a nice size space, very reasonably priced and can supply tables, chairs and crockery. It's just not very pretty! We'd need to get chair covers, hire a bar and some sort of catering, I guess the question will be have we got the time and energy to go down this route.

Tomorrow we are going to look at the local rugby club, we know they can do catering and have a bar, they could even put our decorations out as long as it's not too complicated!

We are also planning on a second look at one of the hotels we viewed earlier this year.

We've progress on dates too, we have narrowed it down to 6 dates! I work in a school so we have to fit around school holidays. The rugby club can do 5 of the dates and the village hall can do all of them. Hoping the hotel still has a couple of the dates available, although I think it's likely to come down to the cost.

I've been able to put some extra money into my share of the wedding fund so I'm up to £965, and next week I'll be able to put more in, I'll be up to £1200, which I think means I'm ahead of schedule, even though I've had to be careful with money the last few months.

Hope everyone else is getting on well with their planning x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    :happyhear I've got a date! 24th May 2019 :happyhear

Booked with the registrar and the Rugby Club :j

10 months away :eek:

Don't panic:shocked:
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Financialwizard
    Options
    Sorry for the delay. I had forgotten my password and it has taken forever to sort out.

Massive congratulations - DO NOT PANIC!!!

I have totally screwed the budget. Booked another campervan for our wedding. On top of the wedding I have also agreed to start a new job at the end of August, so I am going to be on mega panic stations!!!

Had my second set of bloods to check my thyroid levels, so am waiting on them coming back too.

All paid for now and all booked and sorted. Notice has been given. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to be married to my partner.

How is everyone?
    Mtg Balance £147,000 : Savings £7,000 / £10,000

Getting married in October 2018 :beer:
  • elleJay42
    elleJay42 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    kdalwayskint you're the day before me!!

25th May 2019 :D
    Total debt at LBM = £4861.03

DFBXmas2018 #91 - £3342 / £3500 (95.4%)

HTB ISA - £0 withdrawn for house purchase! :D
    Wedding Fund £2550 / £5000
  • Financialwizard
    Options
    OMG you two ...... so exciting!!!

• kdalwayskint
    Options
    Wow ellleJay, that's cool :D how organised are you? We'll have to compare notes :)

Financialwizard congratulations on your new job. How are you?

We have been listening to lots of music here, nothing decided upon though.

H2B asked yesterday if I'd thought about how I was getting to the registry office, I said that I thought were going to go together and that he'd previously said he'd get me there! He asked how I fancy going a VW Beetle aka Herbie! Yeah alright then :p

Any one learning to dance? I don't mean some dramatic choreographed dance but like a waltz or similar? When I got married before I remember feeling embarrassed that my dad wanted to dance with me and I didn't have a clue!

Catch up with you all soon x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Ooh forgot to mention we've lowered the budget to £3000 and we've both got our share saved up :T
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • Financialwizard
    Options
    kd I am tired but slowly getting there. Got a GP appointment tomorrow hopefully (phone). Everything else going alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family