PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• sproggi
    sproggi Posts: 1,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A NSD for me :T

Just attempted a batch of the custard cookies from the recipe index, but not sure I got it quite right, dough was more like a sticky cake mix, still, I poured it into clingfilm and then chilled it, half sliced it, half scraped it onto the baking sheet and baked it hoping for the best.
    Not sure whether they would have set properly when they cooled, my lot almost burnt their mouths demolishing the lot :eek: Oh well, guess I can count them as a success :D.

DD2 is back to school tomorrow and DS2 is back on Thursday, maybe then I will get a chance to do a descent amount of cooking/baking and have it make it to the freezer/cake tin/biscuit tub!!

Sproggi
    'We can get over being poor, but it takes longer to get over being ignorant'
    Jane Sequichie Hifler
    Beware of little expenses.A small leak will sink a great ship
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sparklysaver
    Options
    TrixieB wrote: »
    James Martin made a cauli and apple soup on TV this morning, think was just cauli, onion, apple, veg stock and milk, salt and pepper to taste.

Oooh, that sounds YUM. Thanks for that :T
  • runnerbean17
    Options
    Well really fancy spag bol but really need to use up the open ham in the fridge :(

So looks like it's ham and cheese toasties with a few chips and salad...
    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend...

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

Another NSD for me :T

All my freezer prep is paying off added a bag of pre-chopped veg sprinked with flour, oxo, s&p and a bit of brisket (de-frosted overnight) to the SC this morning, so have a quick stew for dinner - smells lush:D

Has been blowing a gale all day and was raining stair-rods till about 3' looking forward to snuggling the OH on the sofa and ignoring the world later:)

Hope you,ve all had a good day x

Off to read your posts now:T
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • TrixieB
    TrixieB Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TrixieB wrote: »
    need a few bits today - or want would be more accurate!! - so my plans for a NSD out the window! fryup for tea, egg bacon, hash brown, beans, black pudding, fried bread, and also will be making some bacon cheese and potato pasties for the freezer :)

I didn't go out as too sore today - disc probs, back pain, sciatica - so quickly made a batch of spicy carrot soup and we've got bacon butties to go with that for tea as had that out to thaw anyway. I haven't made the pasties either, or the tea bread I had the fruit soaking in earl grey tea for so fingers crossed tomorrow is a better day and I can do that then.

NSD after all then! :A
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
  • TrixieB
    TrixieB Posts: 704 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well really fancy spag bol but really need to use up the open ham in the fridge :(

So looks like it's ham and cheese toasties with a few chips and salad...

I'd just chop up the ham and have ham pasta if pasta is what you really fancy :)
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi all, back to school for Dc and back to work for me, had 6 weeks off and i'd forgotten how exhausting a class romm of kids is, glad i put the slow cooker on this morning, yummy beef casserole for tea.

Nipped into Tesco's on my lunch break and spent £11.22, bought BOGOF tesco washing liquid, for some reason the lavender one is 20p cheaper than the rest, also bought biscuits for work and tea bags, went to get some more perle du lait yoghurt with £1 coupons i have from frube packets and there was none on the shelves and the space where they were had been filled with another product, i wonder if they had been taken off on purpose because of the coupons.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • september1986
    Options
    Another NSD :)

Which is good because I want to buy a slow cooker, an electric blanket and a new set of bedding this month, and the less of my £600 budget I spend now, the more likely it is I can have those later in the month.
    September GC: £400.00/£600 (everything except mortgage & bills)
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Just confirming my NSD today :j

We had chilli con carne for dinner today, I already had a sachet of chilli spices, the kidney beans, chopped tomatoes and rice... the minced beef I had in the fridge was technically for a different meal, but we really fancied chilli and I'd have had to buy ingredients for the other recipe ;)

I also had enough chilli & rice left over to freeze for DH to take to work on Sunday... just making sure I cool and freeze it properly because rice can be a funny one to reheat :)
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • westlothianlass
    Options
    Ran out for 10 minutes today whilst on break and dodged the rain to the co-op, was very pleased with myself as only bought what i needed (& some kettle chips, but it had been a hard day) so another £8 added to my total.
    Hugs and hope everyone is managing okay x
    Moving towards a life that is more relaxed and kinder to the environment (embracing my inner hippy:D) .:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure