PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    WOOHHOOOOOO!!! thank you nikki! you've just saved his bacon (and other items ;) )

btw weetabix brownies OMG :EasterBun explains my current actions!
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• jackiegibbo
    jackiegibbo Posts: 603 Forumite
    Options
    spent £4.41 in asdas tonite, i used up my jar of 1s and 2s at the self scanning tills:D luckily it wasnt too busy so no one had to queue behind me.It took a wee while to put all those coppers in the till:p

Good luck to everyone with their challenges i havent been posting for a while just lurking but my challenges have gone to pot recently so i need to pull my socks up again
    bye for now
  • dsljfreeman
    dsljfreeman Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    Went to Boots today and stocked up on wipes and nappies, they are doing triple points on transactions of £20 and over on baby products, so not only did I save £11.46 with their multi-save offers but I earnt 296 boots points.

Total Spend = £20.98
    :j Bankrupt 6th October 2009 :j
    :beer: To a Debt-free Future :beer:
  • jediteacher
    jediteacher Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Had a no spend day today. Didn't go shopping on Tuesday as when my daughter woke from her sleep it was too hot to do anything. I resorted to getting the paddling pool out and we just sat in the garden and enjoyed each other's company.

Went to Tesco yesterday and was amazed at how much it cost to fill my car with petrol!!! :mad::mad::mad: Not including this in my spend as there's no way I can cut this down and I use the car mostly to go to work.

Ended up spending £56.87 but using MOC (legitimately) got it down to £42.11. :j I wasn't too pleased as I wanted to spend about £30 but had to buy my little one some new bottles and the correct teats to go with them and these cost £9.99 for the bottles and £3.49 x2 for the teats. However, I decided to keep this in my total spend. So, when I consider this extra expense of £16.97 I didn't do too badly. Will update my total. :rolleyes:
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • dink1
    dink1 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    HI guys,

Been out and spent some money on fruit and beer, dh is delighted. MIL coming saturday ( wish she wasnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) neh mind
    I hope that when my ds's grow up i will not be the ogre from hell!

DInk1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • turbo5019
    turbo5019 Posts: 331 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did my first shop yesterday for July £20.48. NSD today hoping not to have one till next week.(well I hope).
    I had my first carrots out of the garden for tea they are sooooo much better then shop ones. Hoping to dig up my potatoes at weekend I think I have planted enough to see us till winter.
    GC July £250/
  • annelouise_2
    annelouise_2 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Just ordered poppy seeds,yeast and bic of soda from friend coming over with a charity box for recipes here - lemon and poppy seed muffins,iced buns and of course twinks.

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone,

seems like you've all been busy as usual ;) . I've just managed to scrape through my 3rd NSD of the month :j although to be honest the fridge now so empty there are tumblweeds rolling around in there :o . Have just enough milk for DDs breakfast, a pizza in the freezer for tea tomorrow & then we're going to hit Mr.T in the evening, hopefully bagging some bargains. Going to try to get all household cleaning stuff & loo rolls etc for the whole month & then will just use local co op for weekly top ups.

Will update when re stocked,
    have a good friday all

lula x
  • Herewegoagain
    Herewegoagain Posts: 2,370 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Had my 1st shop wed only £3. 42 some fruit and veg, went out today with friends, PYO 4lbs gooseberies and 3lbs strawberries for cooking and the freezer. It cost £7.25, but I'm not sure that was particularly cheap, but can do alot with them anyway. I'm using up stores from freezer etc so hoping to do qiute well this month, but I'll wait and see;) x Good luck! Everyone
    Thanks madmittens for ur help x
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • jediteacher
    jediteacher Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Whilst out shopping yesterday I actually managed to buy my first whoopsie items! :j There were four chicken breast reduced to £1.23 and had a use by date of today. Also got some sausages reduced to 50p. Obvious as it may seem I've never really looked in the reduced section. I need to locate where the non-perishable whoopsies are as only found the fruit and veg and the cold whoopsies.
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport