Yorkshire Bank PPI

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The only additional thing a claims company would get is a fee from you when they find out you've already tried to make a complaint.
  • The_squirrell
    Options
    All they would do is send a spreadsheet with your details on to Yorkshire Bank. This will be included with many other names. Yorkshire will check once again and advise The Claims Guys, the very same thing that they have told you. You will be wasting the bank's and staff time, by getting them to check again and its not often I say this......you will also be wasting the CMC's time. Oh and yours of course!
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • julieluvs2shop
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. It saves me replying back etc
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1 - Most MPPI complaints fail. So, statistically, the odds are against you straight away
    2 - Most Yorkshire bank mortgages were arranged via brokers/estate agents/advisers. If that was the case for you, then Yorkshire will know nothing about your insurance purchases as they didnt sell them to you.

I hear on the radio advertising the claims guys saying you don’t need any acc numbers but I don’t know if they’d get the same response, has anyone made a successful claim after being told ‘unable to determine’? Thank you

You dont need account numbers. In most cases the banks can identify you from your name and address. However, as banks destroy data over time (as they are required to do) and especially quicker on those that are no longer customers, it gets harder as you go further back in time. It wont be helped by the fact that most MPPI is a standalone plan and if arranged pre-reguilation, often the only documentation would be a single piece of A4.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure