PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thursday 19th April 2018

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH and I up and had brekkie, DS1 gone to work and DS2 just got in the shower. DH and I are taking my mum and dad to visit my sister down south. Hoping it's all going to pan out ok, we'll see.

Dinner last night was chicken in sauce, HM savoury rice, ice cream/brioche for dessert. Tonight no clue as we'll be at my sisters. We'll be stopping for lunch en route.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Holly and everyone who will be here later.

The sun is shining and I am re washing the towels that I forgot to ask my OH to hang outside yesterday.

Holly your fish dinner sounds good - OH and DS were out on Tuesday and returned at 2 with fish and chips (I got a few of their chips and a bite of fish and that was quite enough). I couldn't believe the size of the portions, even my hollow legged son had to admit defeat.

I will be off to work in a minute, not full of enthusiasm but I must go. A massive open plan, air conditioned building is not necessarily my idea of fun in the sun so am hoping for some nice days over the weekend, the forecast is good.

Last night's dinner was cooked by OH and that's all I'm saying. I did think of having a biscuit but thought that might be insulting after eating a very small amount to be polite. It was cooked ok, it just wasn't something I wanted to eat.

JackieO I hope you feel much better soon.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. The sun is shining here and it's 15 degrees, whoohoo!!
    Thanks for starting off Holly, you seem to be getting back into the swing of things.
    Your new kitchen seems to be coming on well TA. Are you having a dishwasher fitted? or did you have one already? They save such a lot of work.
    I hope you feel more settled now Silver-Oldie.

Yesterday was mainly overcast in the morning, but the sun shone in the afternoon. It was a bitty sort of day - I met an elderly friend off the bus and took her to the chiropodists, then back on to the bus. Did a bit of shopping, bit of housework, then met Dgd out of school and took her for her swimming lesson. In the evening we sorted out some summer clothes which had been bagged up and put in the loft for the winter. There were some things I'd forgotten.

Today we'll load the caravan up and head to Whitby till Tuesday, we love Whitby. We have had such happy times there.

Take care everyone, whatever you are doing, hope you all have a good day.
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,678 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 April 2018 at 7:18AM
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks HOLLY. A flying visit from me as DGDs to waken up, feed and water and get to school. The kitchen chaps will be arriving to add to the chaos and then we need to be out of the door by 9.25 to catch the bus into town, train to Leeds and then another bus up to St James for Mr TA's Oncology appt. Not the best way to spend what is promising to be another glorious day.

The kitchen didn't seem to make much headway yesterday. The morning was spent changing/moving water pipes from one place to another. So still nothing to see that resembles a kitchen. Maybe when we get back later this afternoon there will be! I'm getting too old to cope with upheaval and dashing around.

Time to rouse the girlies. (HUGS) for all in need/want of them. JACKIE get well soon. Take care all xx

ps Yes SR I am having a new dishwasher. I had one before but it was out of action for 12 months!! It took me that long to psych myself up to having a new kitchen! Talk about being a ditherer! x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Looks like another cracking day here :junfortunately I am off to work so wont see much of it, but its nice to have the door open and see the sun and have a warm breeze come in.

Something and chips for dinner tonight I think there may be some Kiev's or some fish in the freezer, I will go and have a look after this.

I had a response from the insurance company who have asked for a more detailed breakdown from the builder, so we have had to go back to him and get that, meanwhile the floor is still as bad and possibly getting worse !

OH has put a wash on this morning but it wont be done before we go to work so it will have to be hung out tonight, its meant to be such a nice day that it will be dry in an hour or so.

Right I had better get on have good days all xx

Jackieo I hope your arms starts to feel better soon xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

The sun has found his hat and put it on! Hope it stays on.

I'm collecting a friend from the airport at about 9.30 then I'm going to see my maybe car. :j After that I'm got a dental appointment, I've changed it twice already so can't do that again. Home in time for tea.

In a tabloid yesterday my maybe car came top in an owners survey.
    Enough.

Last night DM took out some more jewellery and she found insurance valuations from 1983, I think she's kept every single piece paper that ever came through the door.

We wanted to check if one piece was silver or base metal, she pulled out a tin of Dura-glit (the fluffy stuff) which has a price sticker on which says 15p. Now that's MSE.

I hope everyone is doing well or getting better. Happy Thursday folks.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    can’t remember the last time I had some from the chippy.

Nor me. :(

Morning all,

I'm deaf...have sore ears and probably have broken ear drums. ..fell asleep listening to a little light music last night cause I couldn't sleep and woke up at 3am or thereabouts with Neil Diamond blasting through my earphones. Mother would have been pleased.:o. Woke up at the right time....Barry Manilow was next.

All is well....apart from polluted ear drums...sod knows what I subjected them to whilst I was sleeping.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,765 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

JackieO I hope your arm has improved this morning.

I'm off out later with my friend (who is currently having chemo on Fridays). We're going shopping for some organic food as she has been eating healthily in the hopes that it will aid the treatment or at least offset some of the worst of it. I am taking her a bundle of rhubarb out of my garden. It's growing very well again and it's definitely organic.

First thing though - get dressed, drop the HT off at school and go to the gym. I'm doing the couch to 5k but I can see me having to repeat a couple of weeks here and there along the way.

Take care all of you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning chums a beautiful day outside and because my arm is still swollen I just can't take a chance and go out at all.Its so sore that even wearing a light cardi is agony.I shall spend today indoors trying to keep my arm as cool as possible and hopefully the antibiotics will do their work and get rid of the infection.Blooming nuisance as I hate being stuck indoors especially on a gorgeous day. Along with the infection is a total lethargy which I also hate as I am not a sitting around doing nothing sort of person but its just one of the effects of the infection.On the upside you lose your appetite (which can't be too bad with my waist :)) Yesterday I ate one slice of toast and a boiled egg and that was only because of taking the tablets.Still I can read while I rest up I suppose (can't knit though Grr) Luckily the flare-up only happen on rare occasions, its just something you have to live with .

Hopefully I shall be up and running again by the weekend as I have to drive DGS Jack to Uni in Hertfordshire on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a good day and can get out and enjoy the lovely weather at last

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Get well soon Jackie. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing