Downsizing

Options

Comments

• seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Hoping to complete 20th March :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hoping to complete 20th March :)

Doesn't seem more than ten minutes since you viewed it, time flies. Good luck and when will you exchange?
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    Doesn't seem more than ten minutes since you viewed it, time flies. Good luck and when will you exchange?

The solicitor didn't mention a specific date for exchanging, just said she would liaise with the vendor's solicitor for a completion date of 20th or 27th so presumably we will have exchanged by then!
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • iris
    iris Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You could exchange and complete all on the same day. We have done this on several occasions when the property we were buying was empty/new.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you SDW and that you will be happy in your new home.
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    iris wrote: »
    You could exchange and complete all on the same day. We have done this on several occasions when the property we were buying was empty/new.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you SDW and that you will be happy in your new home.

I think this is what will happen. My son exchanged and completed on his flat the same day, as he was a first time buyer and the flat was empty.

In our case, we are not selling at the moment and the bungalow is empty.

We will be doing the major work before we move in (garage roof, remove chimney breast in kitchen, rewire, new kitchen, possibly a small extension). That's one of the reasons we took out a mortgage.

Thanks for your good wishes.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Exchange once the solicitor has received our deposit (which we have just sent) and completion definitely on 20th.

Whoo-hoo! We have a bungalow!
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck, SDW!

Although you need to avoid that horrible word 'bungalow' : it suggests a pokey place for old people. ;)
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Exchanged this morning. :)
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
  • itsanne
    itsanne Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Exciting times ahead. :)
    . . .I did not speak out

Then they came for me
    And there was no one left
    To speak out for me..

Martin Niemoller
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Completed!:T:T:j:j:beer::beer:
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure