* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Still loving this weather, hope we have t peaked too soon though and by the time the little ones have school sports days and break up for the summer we’ll be back to clouds, drizzle and coats.

VULPIX I think any decision puts your mind at rest when you’re a bit in limbo so hopefully you can relax for a couple of years now and revisit the move when DD2 finishes college. I started yoga a couple of months ago and was really enjoying it but the class has ended because of not enough people to make it viable which is a shame. Hope you find somewhere for the table!:D

STOKIE I’m very new to die cutting but hopefully I’ll have lots of fun with it. That looks like quite a complex one on your cards, I’m still very much on the basics but quite like the idea of all white cards with embossing and white greetings. I’ve seen some on YouTube and saved some ideas from Pinterest, just need to actually get round to trying it now.

Welcome back LMG and DOJ, lovely to have you both back. Doesn’t time fly? It’s quite scary how quickly it goes. DOJ you’ve had an exciting time, congratulations on the not-so-little one, he/she will make Christmas even more fun than usual.

A slight case of cba here at the moment, small flurries of activity but then quite a lot of time thinking of things I want to do but not actually doing any of them. Also trying (not overly successfully) to not eat so much - I always thought I had less appetite in hot weather but I seem to be proving myself wrong!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All,

What an absolutely gorgeous run of weather we are having! I will admit to burning myself whilst enjoying the weather on Saturday( think lobster style lol) I then burnt myself again on Monday whilst having factor 50 on! Was watching my DD at an athletics event which was amazing! Im just on hold to the ESA so thought I would come on and quickly post.

Hope everybody is doing ok, ordered a few bits from the works to put away for summer hols and Christmas gifts. I am now driving and the boot has come off!!! Just have to take things slowly as I am ready to do everything again and my GP and physio are politely reminding me to be patient lol.

Desperate to get back to work though, firstly I miss the kids and staff and also because I miss the wage. Don't know whether to go back in for last week and then I get a wage over summer hols. I am going back in September anyways.

Big hugs to all xx

What is your favourite thing about this weather?

I love the leisurely time we spend together as a family playing in the garden, BBQing and playing games. It really does bring us altogether in our little garden, If you closed your eyes you could be anywhere. I also love that my Vit D is being topped up too lol
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    todays weather here is good there is a slight breeze which is cooling my flat down. yesterday it was 35 degrees in my flat. today its down to 28 degrees.

ive just bought my aunt and uncles christmas present today, i came across some handmade ceramic toadstools made by people with disabilities. they come in a set of three for £12.99 and all money goes to the people that made them.

my parents are getting a hamper this year so thats them sorted, just need to start buying bits and pieces for it before prices go up.

still got the stocking fillers to buy, cards, my brothers present, my grandparents and the pets gifts.
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning. I've been away up to Perthshire for our summer caravan holidays. We had amazing weather, over 25 degrees every day. But the scenery is just breathtaking. I love that part of Scotland. Our caravan was the premium one with a balcony. So I loved sitting out in the evening with a glass of wine, looking at he mountains and he kids off playing football or at the amusements. It was very relaxing, even though we were out doing things during the day.

Back home now and still have 5 weeks of summer holidays ahead of us. The weather has made it great so far.

You would all have loved the all year Christmas shops I came across. One huge one at Crieff. It had beautiful ornaments all colour coordinated in little grottos. Then another small one in Pitlochry. My son just rolled his eyes and stayed outside, but my girls are big Christmas nuts too and we're practically squealing when they see the shops.

Nice to see you back JJ and Drops of juniper.

I'll try and keep posting too. I find once I'm at the end of July I start to think about Christmas a bit more. I do struggle to buy stuff he rest of the year, I never have ideas and end up using them for birthdays. But I don't have as many birthdays after August so I can plan better.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Peppapig
    edited 8 July 2018 at 12:24PM
    Options
    NIC, your holiday sounds lovely, can I ask where you stayed and whether you would recommend it please? We may not get there as a very long drive and DH is not allowed to fly now but no harm in looking into it.

TREASUREQUEEN those toadstools sound like a lovely idea.

0462 great news about the boot and yay to being able to drive again! Have you decided whether you will back to work this side of the summer hols or waiting til September? My two little grandsons (6 and 4) are going to a new school - eldest from Monday and littlest from September. At the moment littlest is in nursery at the current school but will be in reception from September and eldest is in woodpeckers. At the new school eldest will be in Tom Kittens and youngest will be in Puddleducks - how cute is that?

Just going to make some bunting for the garden and then it will be full steam ahead to start some card making, first a few birthday cards and then the Christmas money wallets and cards. Once QVC have had Christmas in July my prep will begin properly. Hope QVC is better this year than the last few!

Hope everyone is enjoying this glorious weather and the football/tennis. DH and I are not really sports fans but I do like a bit of Wimbledon and I like to celebrate the England football wins even if I do not watch the matches.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit formal but I had to edit it to avoid apostrophes or I get the silly !!!8127 every time I use one!
  • lazysheep
    lazysheep Posts: 353 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi all, long time no 'speak'.
    I have been reading along but very little to say as Christmas has not been on my mind at all for the last few months as I gave birth to my son a couple of weeks ago and so my days are filled with nappies and trying to keep him cool :eek:

However now he's here and I am on maternity I can start to plan again and spread out the buying over the pay months as days seem to disappear so quickly. Not going to go mad for him as he'll only be 6 months at Christmas and won't have a clue what's going on(!) but will get him a few bits nearer the time when I know what he likes and how big he is :D

Off to sit in front of my fan again... :rotfl:
  • Peppapig
    Options
    Congratulations LAZYSHEEP:T
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Lazysheep xx

Peppapig, we stayed at Tummel valley caravan park. It's right at Tummel bridge. It's about 13 miles from Pitlochry if you all the way the A9 or 13 miles from Aberfeldy taking the tourist route, which we did. I got a Sun deal which cost £120 all in but I paid extra for bedding and for a 1pm check in. I think I was lucky I got a van with a veranda, my sister was there in May and didn't. But the park isn't big, so even though it was full, it never felt busy.
    From that location it was a nice drive back towards Pitlochry, you pass the Queens view, which has one of the most stunning views in Scotland. You are also close to Blair castle. We also went the other road to Aberfeldy and went on a highland safari. Loch Tay is a bit further away where they have the Crannog centre. Then lastly we went West for 6 miles and were are Kinloch rannoch and loch rannoch. You are right at the foot of Schiehallion mountain and you can see Glencoe in the distance. If you like peace and quiet and beautiful views and a bit of history, I highly recommend it.

I have never managed to book that park via the Sun holidays before as it's always booked out. Just got lucky this year when it came up on my search. But sometimes it's just as cheap to book direct and you can get the van you want instead of potluck.

You can tell I love Scotland and It's history :-) I could talk about it all day.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Peppapig
    Options
    Thanks NIC it sounds lovely, I’m going to have a look into it and see if we could do the trip.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Sorry i've been MIA for a bit - RL bonkers and nothing Xmassy here to post but I am trying to keep up
    Peppapig wrote: »
    Thanks NIC it sounds lovely, I’m going to have a look into it and see if we could do the trip.

Peppa we've driven up to Scotland from close to your neck of the wood (I'm across the boarder in the 'shire) and with regular stops its ok - but perhaps you could stop overnight somewhere and break up the trip a little?

lazy sheep congratulations on the arrival of your little lamb xx
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills