Eating in Edinburgh

Options

Comments

• MINMOUSE
    MINMOUSE Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    Vittoria's restaurant is amazing, I went there with friends a few weeks ago and was bowled over. I have been a veggie since I was 12 and am so used to been giving very little choice when dining out but the selection was hige, service brilliant and really well priced

http://www.vittoriarestaurant.com/
  • Mark_LJ
    Mark_LJ Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    I appreciate that this is mainly a vegetarian thread but as its been turned into a sticky for places to eat in Edinburgh I thought I'd add my favourite if thats ok. Its actually a steak restaurant called McKirdys Steak House in Morrison Street. Service is fast and friendly - the steaks themselves are tremendous. They also do a wonderful haggis, which I believe they've won awards for.
  • Flossiesdoll
    Options
    If you want Indian, Suruchi and The Kalpna are fantastic. David Bann's and Black Bo's are good, and I really like Fenwick, which isn't vegetarian but always has a good veggie option.
  • Flossiesdoll
    Options
    matthwnm wrote:
    My fiancee and I are spending a few days in Edinburgh later in the year. We particularlt like Greek food and our we've found that there is a restaurant called Santorini (and its close to where we will be staying). Has anybody tried this or any other Greek restaurant in Edinburgh? What did you think?
    I've been in a couple of times and really liked it, very authentic.

Someone mentioned Acanthus - Acanthus is long gone. It's Jimmy Chung's Chinese buffet now.
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    I second the recommendations for David Banns and Urban Angel.

Spoon on Blackfriars Street (off Royal Mile) is a very good choice for lunch or brunch.

Fishers on Thistle Street is good for Seafood and the Thai restaurant opposite Fishers is good too.

Another great spot for lunch is La Cuisine d'Odile in the basement of the French Institute (13 Randolph Crescent, West End) - bit of an Edinburgh 'secret' this one (You wouldn't know it was there if you walked past) and they do a 2 course lunch for £6.95 I think it is - good homely French cooking.

Other good places:

Bellini, La Bruschetta, Circus Café Deli, The First Coast, La Garrigue,
    Keepers, Martin Wishart, Namaste, La Partenope, Plaisir du Chocolat, Rincon de Espana, Rogue, Le Café St Honore, Skippers Bistro, Sweet Melinda's, Valvona & Crolla.

More ideas:
    http://www.finewinediary.com/restaurants/edguide.shtml
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • norman
    norman Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    If you want Indian, Suruchi and The Kalpna are fantastic. David Bann's and Black Bo's are good, and I really like Fenwick, which isn't vegetarian but always has a good veggie option.

IF you like Suruchi & Kalpna`s , you WILL LOVE "The CLAY OVEN"

@ Churchill (Morningside)
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can certainly recommend Maxies Bistro and Wine Bar, Johnston Terrace or Victoria Terrace depending on which entrance you use.

Had a lovely meal here last night and couldn't have asked for friendlier service.
    Nothing was too much trouble and a special cheesy pasta was quickly rustled up for my daughter who wasn't too keen on the menu. Chef Norman has kids himself and knew straight away what to offer!

The special was fillet steak with brie and it went down really well as did the deep fried crispy brie icon10.gif

Located very near to the Castle, good for lunch or worth trying before the Witchery Tour at 9.30 pm.

www.maxies.co.uk
  • norman
    norman Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    I forgot to mention "The Back Stage Bistro" - just round the corner from the King`s Theatre (in Valleyfield Street) EH3 Small but GOOD -- May have to book. Go across to the "Scotmid" store and buy a bottle of wine. Look for their "Specials" I bought a VG french bottle, reduced from £5 to £3. Take it to the Bistro-- they do BYOB. AND when standing @ that corner & look up towards the BP Station & see "The Panda Inn" -- SUPERB small but good "Chinese" Restaurant. They have alcohol!
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • Nessie1702
    Nessie1702 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    For all those folk that love steak, try the "Buffalo Grill". There are two branches, Chapel Street and Raeburn Place, Stockbridge. They also do veggie options

We always go to the Chapel Street branch and the staff there are really friendly and welcoming, the food is great, and its BYOB with £1 corkage - makes for a reasonable day out!

http://www.buffalogrill.co.uk/Main.htm
  • marko4ever25
    marko4ever25 Posts: 637 Forumite
    Options
    hi guys need ideas for a dinner night out on june 24th (sat) about 15-20 of us going out after course for dinner.

we are mature but poor students! and would like to go to a nice but quiet venue - well at least where it wasn't too noisy so we could chat with each other.

would want to spend about £10 any ideas?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure