PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    And when I went to look, awed, I found I could only get it in Europe & they won't post here, so you have the additional distinction of a sensational top, for a song, that is uniquely European!
    Aw, thanks. ;)

Thought about you yesterday.
    Saw a set of 6 Manor Green small square dishes - approx 4" x 5" - in the local hospice shop that I thought would be nice for when we have 'picky bits' like different olives, sundried tomatoes etc.
    How much? :eek:

£15 for the set!

What would you have done?
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options
    I've not been in the charity shop where I volunteer for around 10wks (since my leg op) but visited today for a chat with staff.

Spotted a lovely pair of shoes for DGD2 (age10), but unsure of her liking them - need to chat with her or her mum. They'll still be there on Monday, if I want them ;)! But I did come away with a nifty little garlic press for 30p :T !

Phoned shop on Monday morning and Manageress put them to one side with my name on. Collected on Tuesday :D. Finally got her to try them on Thursday - fit perfectly and she's highly delighted :j. Papaya lace-up pumps - black-on-black leopard print - neon pink/orange trim round back of heel. They're size 8 (NOT 7 as I thought) but fit perfectly - she's 10 :eek:!
  • Living_proof
    Options
    This may be my buy of the month! I was in the local hospice shop looking for kilner jars and my eye caught a sealed box with The Smoking Gun which is a hand-held food smoker. I had only just been reading about smoking some vegetables and sauces in the last couple of days but have never owned a smoker or gun. I thought it was worth the punt at £3 and the ladies behind the till all said, hadn't seen that - would have had it! I have just looked online and the current cost for my new toy is £98! Not that I would have paid anything like that, but I hope next year to be able to smoke my own home-grown paprika, etc.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • Living_proof
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    How do you store so much crockery? Do you live in a mansion? ;)

I had a good session in a lesser-known village chazzer today, finds include:

jb48.jpg50p

:D

Is it a donut maker VfM please? Would like to know as I have one in my collection!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [/SIZE]
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 September 2018 at 6:22PM
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    £15 for the set!

What would you have done?

Inspected every piece carefully and decided that once I get The Drawer unstuck that I probably already have a very similar set, 4 big flanked by 4 half-size, all rectangular but with a slightly octagonal sense at the corners. I am explaining it dreadfully - but it was my grandmother's, which is why I am being very cautious about opening the drawer it has got stuck in.

If you get a hysterical tear-stained pm, please go back & acquire same that I may continue to honour the beloved lady's memory?!

Didn't get to Huddersfield - had to take son off fitness wear shopping to his exacting but vague requirements. Ended up in Sports Direct with my metaphorical tail switching & my snarl muted. They have nothing to measure feet with and not even a tape measure for the waist. He now has a PE kit of his own devising and happened to walk past a huge display of hi vis gear reinforcing my suggestion that it is considered sensible in the fitness community to not die at the hands of a motorist who isn't paying attention...

Olliebeak1951 - isn't it wonderful when staff do go that extra distance for you & the delight echoes around villages?!

Living proof - the gadget that "produces cold smoke, which allows it to be used for any kind of food or liquid. Operated by just four AA batteries (included) with an efficient, low noise motor, this smoker infuses anything from chicken and steak to salads, chocolate, and even drinks with cool smoke for unique flavor sensations. Simply load your choice of wood chips, tea leaves, herbs, or spices into the smoking chamber, turn it on, light a match or lighter, and add the smoke where you want it with the nozzle extender hose."? I've heard of smoking things with wood chippings but tea leaves & spices? Happy experimentation in time for Christmas!
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options
    Is it a donut maker VfM please? Would like to know as I have one in my collection!

I was thinking perhaps a 'mini-bundt tin' :undecided - now I'm completely flummoxed ;)!
  • Bigjenny
    Options
    "When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us" Alexander Graham Bell
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options
    Bigjenny wrote: »

I didn't even know that you could 'bake' doughnuts ................. thought they were all 'deep fried' - learn summat new every day ;)!
  • Living_proof
    Options
    I didn't even know that you could 'bake' doughnuts ................. thought they were all 'deep fried' - learn summat new every day ;)!

I wonder if baked donuts are vegan. VfM do you know please?
    [/SIZE]
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options
    I wonder if baked donuts are vegan. VfM do you know please?

Decided to have a google - this is what I came up with - http://www.unicornlove.com/blog/2013/9/28/can-you-bake-doughnuts-instead-of-frying-them.html

but this one looks better - http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/39732/baked-mini-doughnuts.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure