Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    :TGreat loss ssm, glad you're back on track. I particularly enjoyed my hotel breakfasts this week as they did fried potatoes so I didn't bother with toast. I piled up fried eggs, beans, mushrooms, bacon and potatoes and red berries to start. So only syns would be in some oil.

That sounds good. Hope the breakfasts are SW friendly when I go to Goa in January! Definitely won't be fry ups though!

:T well done on your 1 stone shiny curlgirl. How much mmore do you plan to lose?

Congratulations curlgirl

I only go to group about every 6-8 weeks so that calculation wouldn't work for me. I didn't know about the booklet until it came up on here so I'll ask when I go next in a couple of weeks time.

You don't need all the weights just the one from 8 weeks earlier. Just divide what you've lost in the 8 weeks by 8 to get an average then you can see how many extra syns you can have!

That chicken recipe looks good. I should think it would work with chicken breasts or thighs for a midweek meal. Let us know what it's like.:)

Will do. The fridge smells amazing every time I open it so hope it tastes as good as it smells! I made my own tikka paste so it's syn free rather than having to syn a ready made paste which is what the recipe calls for. Let me know if you want me to post the tikka recipe - it makes loads - so I frozen enough for another 4 meals!

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk, half banana
    L: fried eggs, bacon, spring onion/mushroom/asparagus/tomato
    D: roast chicken, SW roast potatoes, red cabbage, green cabbage, cauli, broccoli, swede & carrot mash
    Syns: HM gravy 4?, weekend wine. :)

You've got loads of veg with your dinner tonight! so plenty of Speed!

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,506 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done Tweets.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T well done tweets.

joedenise wrote: »
    You've got loads of veg with your dinner tonight! so plenty of Speed!
    Denise

My trolley in Aldi yesterday looked like a Harvest Festival, groaning with fruit and veg!:D

I always cook up more Speed than we can eat with a Sunday roast so that I can have LOs for lunch in the week.:)

Now you've explained it, the 8 week span makes sense because that's the maximum they allow between WIs before kicking you out of the website. I try (sometimes successfully;)) to be in target range at each WI although I often go out of it in the weeks in between IYSWIM. Not sure what they'd advise in terms of syns other than what I'm doing now. Interesting.:)
  • Vixstar
    Vixstar Posts: 967 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    From how the target book was explained to us I think the extra syns based on eight weeks weight loss is for the eight weeks before you hit target. Not sure what the recommendation would be for long term target members
  • joedenise
    Options
    Vixstar wrote: »
    From how the target book was explained to us I think the extra syns based on eight weeks weight loss is for the eight weeks before you hit target. Not sure what the recommendation would be for long term target members

It's the same. I've been at target for about 6 or 7 years now. My average losses are 0.5lb per week which means and extra HE plus an extra 10 syns 2 or 3 times a week if you want to. With my average it says "it means you've more or less managed the balance needed to maintain".

Like Maman I often go out of target but usually when I have holidays which you've probably noticed are quite regularly:rotfl:. Seems a long time to my next one!

Denise
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »

:T well done on your 1 stone shiny curlgirl. How much mmore do you plan to

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk, half banana
    L: fried eggs, bacon, spring onion/mushroom/asparagus/tomato
    D: roast chicken, SW roast potatoes, red cabbage, green cabbage, cauli, broccoli, swede & carrot mash
    Syns: HM gravy 4?, weekend wine. :)

Thanks!
    But only lost half a pound but it was nice to see the scales just dip into the next weigh category. Iyswim.

I would like to lose a stone more but hope it doesn't take another 6 months!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Well done to all the losers:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck everyone this week :)
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Good luck everyone this week :)

You too Stoke
  • joedenise
    Options
    What a horrible, miserable day it is! Hopefully it'll brighten up later. Was up early this morning as couldn't get back to sleep after getting up to go to the loo at 5 this morning!

Going for another Green day today:

B - cheese on toast (HEA1 & HEB1) - I always add Worcester sauce, mustard and an egg to make the cheese go a bit further! Also makes it a bit tastier. Also eat with a knife and fork as it makes it last longer than just chomping it!
    L - HM leek & potato soup; 1 slice of bread (0.5 HEB)
    D - HM squash & chickpea curry, rice, LO spicy slaw from yesterday. If I can get to Mr Ts I'll pick up some mini garlic & coriander naan breads (6 syns - lowest mini naan around)

HEA1 - 30g cheese
    HEA2 - 350ml skimmed milk
    HEB1 - 2 slices WM bread
    HEB2 - 1 slice WM bread/1Hifi bar
    Syns - mini naan 6?

Maman - As promised - the chicken was OK but not as much flavour as I'd hoped. Probably won't make it again though. Will use the rest of the tikka paste to marinade chicken pieces on skewers or as suggested on chicken breast for a mid week dinner.

The slaw was nice but again not very spicy but that's easily rectified next time I make it!

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport