IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia rejected Sar request

Options
Hi Owner has had a LBC from bw legal. Owner responded saying reject the claim. And advised a SAR request was sent to Britannia who issues the pcn. Britania have responded saying they have ‘no further comments to add regarding the pcn as it was passed to debt recovery please respond to bw legal’

Bw legal have responded asking again to settle the payment they refused to give details of signage, t&c’s and to confirm whether the ANPR cameras are regularly checked

I assume as parking company pay for personal details they need to comply to a sar request?

*Should owner now send the SAR to BW legal? Or tell Britannia they need to comply*

Any help would be massively appreciated! Thanks 🙏

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If Brittania have any personal information to give then they must give it. Report them to the ICO.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 January 2019 at 3:39PM
    Options
    End of the day, if the client of BWLegal refuses a SAR then they have not provided the proof they will rely upon

A court would not appreciate such a timewasting claim.

YES, report Britannia to the ICO as they must comply with the law
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I stand to be corrected ...

inform Brittania that you have reported them to the ICO , and send BWLegal a separate SAR.

Ralph:cool:
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    and involve your MP.

It is the will of Parliament that these scammers be put out of business.

Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    I stand to be corrected ...

inform Brittania that you have reported them to the ICO , and send BWLegal a separate SAR.

Ralph:cool:

A good option imho.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    Before firing off to the ICO, please let us see exactly what you asked for in your SAR to Britannia.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Mazzamonkey
    Options
    Thankyou so much for the replies I will report Britannia to Ico for non compliance, and advise them of this send another SAR to BW Legal and write to mp
    I completely agree they are scammers! I would sooner loose in court and be made to pay then pay them a penny in response to their threats of a ccj
    I am sure I will be back on here with an update soon! Thanks again
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    before you report BRIT to the ICO, please post the email address you used and the SAR request that was made, just to be sure you did everything correctly before going to the ICO
  • Mazzamonkey
    Options
    Ok will post info up when I am home tonight thanks
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Before firing off to the ICO, please let us see exactly what you asked for in your SAR to Britannia.

All you need to say is

In accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 please supply me with a copy of all information that you hold about me.

This should include, all computer records, manual (paper) records & any digital images,
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure