IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia rejected Sar request

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 January 2019 at 7:41PM
    Options
    I also think this is a reasonable request and agree with Umkomaas that it is probably too complicated for them. It's not complicated, it's easy to understand but for Britannia ...... well ????

Britannia have tried to fob you off by directing you to BWLegal.
    It is their responsibility to respond to a SAR, they issued the ticket

If Britannia continue in this way, they will be in trouble with the ICO

As I have had already said, I think they are being grossly misled by a third party
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    With the current carry on with Britannia, do they actually have a DPO, I doubt it. I do think they are following a misconceived idea from a third party which is very foolish

it is my belief that they do and it states this on their website

[EMAIL="dpt@britannia-parking.co.uk"]dpt@britannia-parking.co.uk[/EMAIL]

as I thought, the SAR was not emailed to their DPO but a letter was sent to their offices and clearly its been mishandled and/or not read by BRIT who just treated it as a query, not as a SAR
    other people have had replies from theor DPO from using that email address, hence why I queried it

clearly, they havent a clue about this GDPR yet, despite what it says on their website, so the OP can complain by all means
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Britannia's Privacy Page does suggest that the postal address the OP used is fine for contacting their DPO.

(It's very near the bottom of that page)
  • beamerguy
    edited 14 January 2019 at 9:13PM
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    it is my belief that they do and it states this on their website

[EMAIL="dpt@britannia-parking.co.uk"]dpt@britannia-parking.co.uk[/EMAIL]

I never disagree with you Redx but I must say this ....

They have a domain name being britannia-parking.co.uk
    before the @ you can add whatever name you want and it will go to inbox of the domain name

Therefore you don't know who you are emailing let alone a DPO
    Anyone can read dpt@ so whoever read the email from the OP
    knew what he was requesting but because they have been brainwashed by a third party which will end up as a severe pain for Britannia
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    High time Britannia got reported to the ICO if they are not replying to a very good and not excessive SAR like that one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mazzamonkey
    Options
    I have had a response to my second request for sar. They want £10 as an admin fee for providing additional information stating that this is not covered under a SAR. I haven’t event asked for additional information. Only only my personal information. I guess I need to write back to them and ask that they actually read my SAR letter that they have now had twice..
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Report them to the ICO.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    I have had a response to my second request for sar. They want £10 as an admin fee for providing additional information stating that this is not covered under a SAR. I haven’t event asked for additional information. Only only my personal information. I guess I need to write back to them and ask that they actually read my SAR letter that they have now had twice..

They have read it ok, they are talking advice from a third party who is going to land them trouble. Easy to work out who ?

You have no alternative but to report Britannia to the ICO, they are abusing the GDPR
    I would also copy in the BPA so Steve Clark is aware of his members action ..... steve.c@britishparking.co.uk
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I also say now report them to the ICO, as you are only asking for a small amount of easily-to-hand personal data, nothing more.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A SAR only needs to be addressed the Company.

The company is the Data Controller
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure